Page:
Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
I know many of you out there are tattooed, and perhaps in the same area as I'm about to do.

How bad does it hurt to get a tattoo on the side of the waist/just below the ribs on the side. I am getting a piece done there tomorrow and I'm kinda nervous cause that's a soft, sensitive, and meaty neighborhood.

What am I in for? Anybody?

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
Hokay...that was by far the worst hour and a half of agony I've ever put myself through. Like...I could barely bring myself to breathe and was begging myself to just pass out. Sadly, I don't pass out during tattoos, meaning this was the first time I've ever had to take a break while being worked on.

I can't accurately put into words how much this one hurt.

So, here's an image!

The stupid image link won't work so here.
EDITED_BY: Fireina (1189789504)

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Great piece. Yeah it hurt but you did it and now have bragging rights wink

gwennieSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
I have around 20 tattoos and have some lettering done on my ribs and belly, but I must say it did hurt a lot.
Just try to relax en make sure you can listen to some nice music and most important keep breathing, don't stop breathing when the needle is in you skin.
good luck tomorrow!

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
I may have braging rights, but I can certainly assure you all I will NEVER have my right side tattooed.

Proudly MCRmy

gwennieSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
you'll forget the pain within a few weeks!

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
I know, I know. It never fails to work out like that. It's all very addicitive and knowing me, I'll be named a "Davey Havok Walking Tattoo" by the time I hit 30.

Proudly MCRmy

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
my tattoo seriously hurt when I had it done but I've pretty much forgotten how much it bhurt when I was having it done...can;t forget my reaction though. Having two of my housemates and the tattoo artist holding me down is a bit over the top really tongue

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
^^^ eek

Although, with the rate my legs were involuntarily moving around...somebody holding me down might have been good. My toes had a death grip on my jeans and my nails were dug into the chair for dear life. There's prolly hot pink nail polish marks on the vinal of the chair, lol.

Proudly MCRmy

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
yeah I was having my ankle done and I was trying SO hard not to move but my leg kept jerking involuntary and I have some pretty strong leg muscles when they put their mind to it. So had the tattoist holding my foot in a grip of steel, one of my housemates leaning on my leg and the other one leaning on my shoulders cos the jerking was making my whole body move, don;t think he forgot that one for a while tongue

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
Yeah, my legs kept shifting around and since I was lying on my side most of the time, it also ment the rest of me was shifting around. I was having enough of a time just trying to remember to breathe, let lone trying not to move my legs. It was that kind of pain where you're physically nauseous from it.

*Takse a closer look at Rin's post* Hodam, you an MCR fan too?! Waaaah! So are you part of one of the two MCRmys? I'm a MCRmy.netter myself...and there's another soldier over there that does staff.
EDITED_BY: Fireina (1189890101)

Proudly MCRmy

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fireina

*Takse a closer look at Rin's post* Hodam, you an MCR fan too?! Waaaah! So are you part of one of the two MCRmys? I'm a MCRmy.netter myself...and there's another soldier over there that does staff.

....I have no idea what you just said there. But yes I'm an MCR fan to smile

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
^^^
Okay then explanation. Congratulations, you are an MCRmy Soldier. All fans are known as "MCRmy Soldiers" just cause Gerard once said, "we don't have a fan club, we have a f*cking army!" or something like that. hence the origin of the MCRmy.
Now, there are two formal MCRmys that you can join...both online. One is MCRmy.com, and the other is .net. I am on .net, hence the term ".netter" Of course, there is no requirement to join either end of the Rmy, I was just wondering if you were a part of either.

Proudly MCRmy

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
^^^ ohhhhhhh that makes more sense now, much less confused biggrin

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PK_

wow!

Dude... yeah.. wow.

I'm no Warhammer fan... but that's a freakin' amazing peice of ink...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

CaffeinatedKatieGOLD Member
Teacher, Dancer, Artist, and General Smartass
149 posts

Posted:
I just finished my first tattoo, on my upper back between my shoulder blades, and I know that's not where you were asking about, but here's my thoughts about the pain.

It feels just like you think it will. Needles poking you, a lot. Have a good heavy protein breakfast to keep your blood sugar high (and bring something to snack on to help with that), have a friend to talk to or something to concentrate on. Gum's helpful. Once you're under the needle a while, the skin gets a irritated (ha, duh) and it starts to feel like a sunburn. So there's the two main sensations... needles and sunburn. Buzzing, if you want to count that.

At any rate, congratulations on it.

and since pictures are a must when discussing tattoos...

https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q241/caffeinatedkatie/tattooFIN.jpg

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
im no warhammer fan either... but that some good ink.

Page: