• Alle Einkäufe in diesem Monat nehmen automatisch an der Verlosung eines USD $ 100.00-Gutscheins für Ihr HoP-Konto teil.

Forums > Social Chat > I have my first coaching job!!

Login/Join to Participate

Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:As some of you may know, I'm a bit of a rowing nut. (they're a scary kind of nut; comes with early mornings, lots of drinking and if you're a lightweight then eating problems)

I had always hoped that when I finished highschool I'd get a job as a paid coach at one of the local private schools, but I moved away from my hometown to a city where no-one (and therefore no head-coaches) knew me. After a year of wondering how I'd get my foot in the door (asking friends to put in good words for me etc), I decided to bite the bullet and contact the head of rowing at a prestigious boys' school near my house and was given an interview. I didn't think I'd have much chance being a first-time female coach at a boys' school, but I figured I had nothing to lose.

I didn't hear from them for a while, so I emailed them saying I was still interested, and I got a reply saying that they were also still interested but had lost my contact details. And then today I got an email from them OFFERING ME A POSITION!!!!

I'll be coaching a year 9 eight and because I'm a first-time coach then they will arrange a mentor for me, which I think is really good of them, rather than just throwing me in the deep end (because I'll be honest; the idea of 9 adolescent boys is scary!!!)

I'm so excited!!! I'm going to be a coach!!! bounce bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce2 bounce

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

Bigfoot67
GOLD Member since Jun 2007

Bigfoot67

Total posts: 103
Posted:Congratz to rougie clap

I hope you'll enjoy your new job smile

Delete

Fire_Moose
SILVER Member since May 2007

Fire_Moose

Elusive and Bearded

Total posts: 3597
Posted:thats way cool. you're talking like all these kids in one boat rowing together? Like with you standing facing them with a mega phone saying, "Row.....Row.....Row..."? thats cool Gratz on the job.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Delete

faith enfire
BRONZE Member since Jan 2006

faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI

Total posts: 3556
Posted:It's so nice to have a job that you like
Congrats hug

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

FoxInDocs
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

FoxInDocs

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1848
Posted:Hey!! Well done you!! that's fantastic!

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Delete

Ade
SILVER Member since Mar 2001

Are we there yet?

Total posts: 1897
Posted:congratulations, that's a great opportunity

smile

Delete

Gnor
BRONZE Member since Mar 2003

Gnor

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 5814
Posted:Whooohooooo...
You will wow them!!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Delete

GitasGuy

GitasGuy

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2303
Posted: Written by: Rouge Dragon

I'll be coaching a year 9 eight and because I'm a first-time coach then they will arrange a mentor for me, which I think is really good of them, rather than just throwing me in the deep end (because I'll be honest; the idea of 9 adolescent boys is scary!!!)

So are there 9 year 8's or 8 year 9's, im confused confused

But on a more serious note. Congratulations daughter of mine. See what happens when you are persistent and take a chance on life. I really hope it all goes very well for you. Yay!! ubbrollsmile hug hug

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Delete

DarkFyre
BRONZE Member since Nov 2005

DarkFyre

HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs

Total posts: 1965
Posted:Congatz

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:there are 9 year 9 boys in an eight tongue

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

GitasGuy

GitasGuy

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2303
Posted:but how do they all fit?????

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:anything will fit if you cut the bodies up into small enough pieces wink

Delete

Bigfoot67
GOLD Member since Jun 2007

Bigfoot67

Total posts: 103
Posted: Written by: Rouge Dragon

anything will fit if you cut the bodies up into small enough pieces wink

Yeah they'll probably love to hear things like that in the school ubblol

Delete