Forums > Technical Discussion > I need help with fuels ..URGENT!

Login/Join to Participate

kat_newbie
9 posts

Posted:
im doing a short show but i really need i fuel that doesnt spray ......please help..... help

ElectricStaplernewbie
33 posts

Posted:
I'm assuming you mean you need a fuel that won't spray out into the crowd? If I'm not mistaken, that isn't a fuel issue. That is all about how you prepare your poi.
You can either squeeze the fuel out, as shown in the fire safety video in the lessons section, or you can make catch cans and do spin-offs, as shown here:
https://www.domorepoi.com/article_how_to_make_catch_cans.php?sid=bb6f9e14ac9b2f12c3233c1e06be0223
When making these though, i suggest plastic juice cartons or plastic milk cartons. They are much easier to use.
As to what fuel you want to use, there are lots of threads about it. Kerosene(paraffin) is nice, but it really depends on the situation. Kerosene can be picked up at places that sell camping supplies, and possibly hardware stores.
Maybe other people can reccomend a better fuel, but nevertheless, try the search function.
Fuel doesn't spray, it is all about getting off the excess fuel.
Good luck! biggrin

Life is a box full of chocolates. Its full of the gross coconut ones.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
^^ excellent post, electric stapler smile
i appreciate it when calls for help for a common issue aren't simply met with a 'do a search' response smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ElectricStaplernewbie
33 posts

Posted:
Thanks bender i really appreciate that. smile

Life is a box full of chocolates. Its full of the gross coconut ones.

ubersmackSILVER Member
journeyman
73 posts

Posted:
Ya i was gunna say your fuel should not be flying off at all. You can also just get a bucket with a chain on it as a spin off bucket.

"Runs with Scissors"