hafsha1member
35 posts

Posted:
Is there a video in which a wrap is being done? I wanna learn one but have never seen it and think that would help. Anyone? What exactly is being done? Thanks.

Chestermember
9 posts

Posted:
Okay, this probably isn't exactly what your looking for...but it does have some wraps on it. Go to https://www.yoyoing.com/sector_y/
.If you scroll down just a bit you'll see a link to "James Lac Glowstick" Or something like that. Click on that. It's a three minute vid at pretty high quality tho so it may take a while to dl. I think it's quite a nice routine tho and it contains many different types of wraps.-Chester[This message has been edited by Chester (edited 14 May 2001).]

Poi - The addictiveness is overwhelming

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Wraps are simple, Spin forward, trough out a leg, let it spin around it and unwind, it will be going backwards when you finnish. Simple smileYou can do all sorts of wraps use your imagination. wink

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
hafsha, dont know your gender but if your male, be careful grini've spend many an hour in pain doing the leg wrap before i perfected it smile.............good luck.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
tip for wraps....When attempting wraps for the first time...most people try to wrap too much af the string/chain...meaning let it wrap around your appendage closer to the end of the poi so that it will unwrap easier. The shorted the wrap the easier it is to complete it.Eventually you will get to where you can do it with more length..HopE this helpsSuper...------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
oh yeah!! that is a good video...thats where i learned to do wraps from..those two or three baisc combos that he does are very easy to learn..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain