Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
[censored] >.<

or was i just reading into my crystal ball, and foresaw that you might have a name change between nwo and then...

*ohhh ahhhhh*

if you don't believe that, then im dyslexic and cant tell the difference wink

Step (el-nombrie)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mech

that me and clair will be running a sex workshop together, ... but i hope it wont be to short,

I reccommend this book then... The workshop will run during the entire festival...

Non-Https Image Link

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
bah, tantra is over rated, sous should approach sex like you should approach eating, have a little often, that way you are always full, and dont want to snack on other things.....

Step (el-nombrie)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
but I like snacking on other things....

ubblove

Non-Https Image Link

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
so no sex bulemia? to binge and purge is considered wrong? although I'm not sure how you purge ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
If I was a filthy-minded pervet I'd probably say something like 'I'm sure it would involve a straw'.

But I'm not, so I won't... ubbangel

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
FAMILY THREAD!

BEHAVE!

Step (el-nombrie)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
dave.... so wrong...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hahahahahhahaha.

Nice... can anyone teach Tantric? That would be a good workshop, actually.

When I was in Thailand, we went to a comedy night near the Sanctuary...

The compere said...

What's the similarity between waiting for a plumber and Tantric sex?

You stay in all day and noone comes...

Getting to the other side smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Can we get back on topic here please. It takes ages to scroll through all the "chat" to find out the infomation you need. If you want to chat about Play, maybe you could start a thread in the Chat forum.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Sorry skully redface

Getting to the other side smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _Clare_

Nice... can anyone teach Tantric? That would be a good workshop, actually.

i can try mu best to teach your tantric, but it would be more like sex, and tried several times wink

clare - do you meditate?

Step (el-nombrie)

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

Can we get back on topic here please. It takes ages to scroll through all the "chat" to find out the infomation you need. If you want to chat about Play, maybe you could start a thread in the Chat forum.

thanks skully. i just spent half an hour looking for an answer to my question, but nope. must've got lost in the chat.

was there anyone doing massage/ yoga/holistic therapies last year?
I can't remember . . .

I just thought, as it's quite a 'physical' ( wink ) festival, it might be nice to have a massage tent or something. and as it happens, my girlyfriend does massage, and would prob be up for it.

Jake the Juggler

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

In fairness, in a week (or less/more wink ) the new Play website will be up, which will have ALL the useful information and details that people will need to know.
Since when has HoP been a place for staying on topic wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
 Written by: JtJ

my girlyfriend does massage, and would prob be up for it.

Not sure about a dedicated tent (unless someone offers to run one), however there were massage workshops last year, and if someone wants to run one this year that'd be ace smile
There was one at SpunOut (in Oz) last year in the evening of the last night. Was a really nice workshop, and was the perfect way to relax at the end of the gathering smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Excuse me for being a kill joy!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
You're excused wink

hug

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

my girlyfriend does massage, and would prob be up for it.

Not sure about a dedicated tent (unless someone offers to run one), however there were massage workshops last year, and if someone wants to run one this year that'd be ace smile

i remember yoga workshops going on aswell but was too busy with other workshops to go frown -this year! and there were massage workshops last year? eek i can't believe i missed them too!

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Hang on a minute.. there were WORKSHOPS at play last year???

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Had a small thought:

we could have a PLAY chat thread, and a PLAY info thread: if you want info, you go to the appropriate thread, if you want junk, you come here???

it would be really handy for us organisers too.....

smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i would have thought that was what the play website was for?

Step (el-nombrie)

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I would of also thought that was the kinda thing that slackers didnt do lol

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yes, but some people are SO lazy they won't look there.... tongue

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
fair one

i tell you wnat, everyone i meet today, ill tell about the play website...

hows that?

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
step:

Non-Https Image Link

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Strugz = Hippie! wink

Gayle.....!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hasn't the idea of having a play info thread and a play chat thread been brought up already?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
surely the 'chat' thread would be in the 'chat' section of the forum, and the info thread would be this one?

Jake the Juggler

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

step:

Non-Https Image Link

biggrin

see nowi ubblove that not only did you use the same method of calling me a knob, but you used the same graphic biggrin

i love you dude, ps check your PMS!

Step (el-nombrie)

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:

surely the 'chat' thread would be in the 'chat' section of the forum, and the info thread would be this one?

On other events like the BJC for example the thread is used for chat about that event, not for the organisers to answer questions about the event. Why is play any different? There is a working forum on the web site, and the email addresses of all the crew are listed on the first post.

shrug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Page: ......