Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
See - im not stupid....

and on occasion i do know what im talking about, working with Dunc the last couple of years, one phrase comes to mind:

"How can i soar like an eagle, when im surrounded by turkeys tongue"

wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

smile

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
More like this really...

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

smile

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
what's with the pipette?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It's a turkey baster... tongue

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
humour him Jo - hes trying to be funny wink

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Oh, I thought it was a douche...

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
The standard 'Nod and Smile' will suffice... smile

Be sure of where your nearest exits are and leave my vacinity in a calm and orderly fashion...

Sym: I've never seen a douche in my life but I'm sure the principle is the same, except maybe less Sage...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Shall try to make it to this little festie thingme this year smile

We shall see what's happening at home...

Take care, happy basting...
xx

Getting to the other side smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
isn't a douche the German word for shower confused wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Yes, I found that out when I was in Slovenia: I was in a sauna and you needed to shower before taking a cold dip. I didn't know this because I couldn't read the signs, so I ended up having a large German lady shouting "douche! douche!" at me...

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

RainDancingnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hi play organisers, wondering if you could tell me what's happened to the lost property from last year?

I've tried contacting you via info@playfestival.co.uk many a time but as you haven't replied yet I'm trying a new technique. sophias_reality@yahoo.co.uk.

Sophia smile

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
awww *hugz* we will have to have a play after party one weekend just for u 87 lol (A good excuse as any to meet up and spin i think lol)

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I will pm u about it and see what we can arrange

edit: have just found out u dont accept privite messages lol... Ok so whens the best time and date then and place
EDITED_BY: MikefromGlos (1171382180)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
So glad it's the right weekend now.

My plan:

Glade- play - EJC no gaps, no work... something like 17 days non-stop festivaling.
bounce

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
hmm, im confused, i thought play was happening at the same time as the glade and i was gonna have to work out how to split myself up into multiple people (3 probably would have worked, one to act as a kind of control centre and two more to go to play and the glade respectivly...)

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
i think i love you oli

ubblol

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Everyone loves Oli.
He's so cute tongue

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Ahh panic over, I'm in Canada until the 22nd July so i thought I would have to miss my favourite (and only) festival this year. But now i dont have to miss it! wootymcwoot! biggrin We seem to have a few birthdays around that time, Vixen and Bov, and myself! Vicky, we have to have uber party coz its my 21st as well! biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Ooooh Play 2007, I'm so there. biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: 87wt2gxq7

... who fancies 87wt2gxq7fest in Fukayama?! wink

what did you say bout my ma?!!!!!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
aaah Play! well excited! i'll try to be less destructive this time though, my first goal is to not break anyone's nose... just like to take this moment to point out it wasn't my fault smile let that be a lesson to you mech tongue

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
where's the thread for glade? maybe ill go to both if there's no gap.

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol quality!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
I heard lovely things about last years play, so would love to make it to this one.

bounce2

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

funnyangelmember
37 posts

Posted:
how much does Play cost? asking as a relitively skint 6th former and possibly on behalf of a student as well. i wanna come!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc in the very first post

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

wink
EDITED_BY: Aimée (1171652841)

funnyangelmember
37 posts

Posted:
thanks!!!

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
yay another sixth former lol

Page: ...