Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > British Juggling Convention (BJC) 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Well no ones posted anything yet so i thought id make a start!

heres the website: https://www.bjc2007.co.uk/

Written by:

BJC 2007 will be held at Harvey Hadden Sports Stadium (map) (satallite), Bilborough, Nottingham between the dates of 11th –15th April 2007. This will be the 20th BJC and the second time it has been held in Nottingham, the first being ten years ago.

BJC 2007 is held for all types of circus style performers: from hobby jugglers to professional entertainers. We welcome all types of acrobats, aerialists, street entertainers, circus performers and object manipulators.

BJC 2007 is a place to attend workshops to learn new skills, improve on old skills and meet old friends and make new ones. We have various shows on in the evening as well as different forms of entertainment: bands, DJs, fancy dress, films, etc. There is a big show in the Royal Concert Hall on the Saturday evening after the Juggling Olympics and a parade through town.

BJC2007 is proud to announce that we will be hosting the World Juggling Federation UK Open Championchips (WJF UK), the first ever British Balloon Modelling Convention (BBMC1) and the World Juggling Video Federation (WJVF)
l

so, whos going? im definatly going to try and book time off work, and if anyone knows who we need to contact for volunteering etc please add the contact on here.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Ze_Bubbles

does anyone have any info on how far the nearest supermarket is? or even have an address for it?

across the road from harvey haddon up bracebridge drive there are a load of corner shop type things about 300yards away, including a small co-op, kwiksave, boots, chip shop, post office, hardware store, flower shop (you never know when you'll need those!) and erm some more but i can't remember what cause i only ever pass them on my way walking to/from college. but that should definately be enough to get people by!

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
One aerotech has just died frown typical! See you sexy guys tomorrow!!! We need to do soem group camps! I'll look for jakes teepee

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hey, are we allowed fire? Shall i bring my monkey fists?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
The email I received did say there will be a designated fire juggling area.

See you all tomorrow!

Can't sleep... bounce bounce2 COZ WE'RE TOO EXCITED bounce2 bounce

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
hi guys i know this is really last minute but what exactly is the bjc, i have been on the site and what im wondering is, will there be peple just wondering round with pois and juggling or is it shows that are put on for you to watch and learn?

the reason im asking is coz iv just found out that its this weekend. and im in derby anyways as of thursday so i was thiking if it is free entry or cheap enough for those just goin to meet peopel and spin then i might bob along, if it is jsut shows then i might not. it would only be a day trip and not stay over night or anything, unlesss someone has room in their tent for one more on one night prob fri or sat?

i just dont wanna be paying £60 for one day you see and not really have much fun.

if anyone has any info please ring me 07716797022 is my number or lee405325@aol.com email me i check it all the time. i need to know by thursday coz that is when il be setting off to derby.

thanks guys your stars

thanks for burning with me

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
https://www.bjc2007.co.uk

Nothing I can say can do justice... wink

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PyroWill

One aerotech has just died frown typical!

I think you'll be joining a small, but eager, queue of people at the Aerotech stand... waiting to get theirs fixed too.

rolleyes

Getting to the other side smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm very tempted to step out to Nottingham Rock City on the Friday or Saturday night whenever its on. Anyone else fancy it?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh possibly smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
cheers Dave, in that case, my fire poi and in my bag smile

cant wait to see you all. I hardly slept! xx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

I'm very tempted to step out to Nottingham Rock City on the Friday or Saturday night whenever its on. Anyone else fancy it?

hell yeah!

ok so ive packed my bike, lol, im like a driving suitcase so no one laugh at me!

ready to go but have to wait till pay pay comes frown stupid banks messed up our pay again frown

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Wohooo! I got time off work so I'll be coming along tomorrow. Should be there lunch-time-ish biggrin

Cake or Death?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
bounce YAY!! Jon! can't wait! hug

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Not going sadly- tickets are too much for me to pay on the door frown

Have a great time smile

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
have a brilliant time guys.. smile

don't do anything I wouldn't do! ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: MisStix (1176293218)

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
will miss you Chutters hug

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Chutney, you could come and see me for the weekend. I can't go either cos of stoopid work frown

Gayle.....!

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
No Gayle and no Cutters?! Poooo frown

Cake or Death?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Cutters?

I dunno :rolleyes:

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Typo.. my bad! That's how disappointed I was though; couldn't even type straight! wink

I have some updated toys for you and everything! biggrin
EDITED_BY: *HyperLight (1176298770)

Cake or Death?

llanowarBRONZE Member
journeyman
95 posts

Posted:
https://weather.yahoo.com/UKXX/UKXX0104/index_c.html

it will be raining saturday and sunday frown

that's baaaaaaaaaad

I'm llanowar and poi is my art

(et vive la France!)

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
BBc... obviously biggrin

xx

Getting to the other side smile

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Well regardless of the weather - im sure you folks will have a great time.
So many freinds going to this and Peachy running it - almost wish I wasnt in Western Oz about to go to the beach and jump into warm crystal waters to cool off from the 28 degree heat. Before work starts by busting out some shows in some of the most fun pitches Ive worked........No REALLY I wish I were in rainy Nottingham-....ish
Hope the Oz weather comes to you. Have BIG fun
Peas out to all
Rob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
well i think we know what weather to trust now don't we? yey for sun!!!! damn cold at night though without one of these -> grouphug hope everyone's journey home was ok biggrin i know mine was wink had a really great time - workshops were really well done and juggle monkey was amazing! i really enjoyed it despite being more of a spinner than a juggler (must get better at juggling!) wavehello to all the amazing new people i met, and another wavehello to those i already knew - might see you at Firegathering although not sure if i can afford both the ticket and then the train as well, so if not i'll see you all at Play!

I've got a whole year to improve my juggling skills now! definately going to the next one - thanx to everyone for making it so good! thankx

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey guys! hug

had an awsome time, thankyou soo much! i hate being at home now frown

best bit - sitting at the castle having a picnic all day sat, you guys are awsome wink

im not gonna list names, but those peeps who i spent most of my time with, your amazing! had such a giggle and a wicked time thanx hug

any pics that anyone has taken, please can you post a link?

jo at the picnic: 'i have a great pair of tits, they like to eat my nuts...' ubbangel

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I actually said, I have a pair of Great Tits, that come and eat my nuts, silly you hug

I also had the best time, I will post up pics when I am feeling more alive. hug

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
yay bounce

Had a great time! Thank you everyone who was there!!

Spanner- I hardly saw you!! frown hug But what i did see was fantastic...

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
No airconditioning all the way home makes for a very sweaty me.

I reckon that was probably the best BJC I've ever been to. Nice to see you all again chaps and chapettes.

I didn't get to say goodbye to lots and lots of people, which sucked frown You all need to wake up earlier, obviously. So just for you lot, hugs and kisses.

"Take that, math!"

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
tents, cold
sleeping in the hall thursday night, now THAT was the way to go, i was nice and warm and possibly slightly more comfortable than i was in the tent.
nice to meet a bundle of new people, and talk to the ones i already knew.
i'll have that spinning card around the back thing down properly at some point i hope

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

irGunewbie
1 post

Posted:
Can you guys make a review of this convention for someone that had never been to a jugglin convention before???

Here in Brazil we rarely have good juggling conventions and when it's having one I'm unable to go... rubbish!!!

I would like to see some pics and videos too...

P.s.: My first post here in HoP wohoooo... hahahah...

Don't panic!

Page: ......