Forums > Social Chat > Are we becomeing anti social?.

Login/Join to Participate

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I can't believe how we as a society are becomeing to anti social .

Example the other day a phoned the bank to get some details. After 5 mins or a stupid voice service they still couldn't help me.

Another time i phone up my gym to get some detials and the service girl said "did you look at our internet site ?" . Am i correct ?.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I think we are becomming more and more dissolusioned with 'strangers', but as far as our friends are concerned I would say no. As a general rule...the need for constant human contact with people we don't know is becomming unnecessary.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
How does automated online business services constitute as anti-social?

If you asked if we spend more time online with friends than actually making the effort to go see them in person i'd know how I'd answer!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
you go everywhere Dave wink and to be frank If I hadn't started on forums my friends would be few (now they are just Very far between ubblol like hastings, Wales, Scotland wink )

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i thought this was going to be another "has HoP changed" kinda threads. nope, oh well. you may carry on without using the search function wink

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
in a lot of ways we have, the examples used are good, i like how on progressive sometimes you must use direct withdrawal and cannot go in or write a check

on the otherhand, now i find people a little friendlier because when you do come in contact with a person, you're all like cool i'm not the last person on earth

follow up question: does hop lead to antisocial behavior-why i ask is that i found hop and learned about poi through all the lessons, when i get stuck i get on hop, etc, but if i didn't have this resource i may have had to coerce friends and start a group here

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

psycotic_furbyBRONZE Member
Hehe, you said 'Member'
105 posts

Posted:
I find chip-and-pin means I'm less likely to actually TALK to the nice person on the checkout, and now I'm looking down at my little box, and he/she at theirs. You don't even get a 'Check the amount and sign, please'.

Eww, Liza Minelli...

The communists gave my mother a job, teaching sculpture to limbless children.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I think it all depends on the sort of person you are.
If i'm at the checkout I'll usually have a little chat with the cashier. When it comes to phoning up the bank, and you're talking to a robot, there's not a lot you can do!! Xx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.