clemsensnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
heya all you people
i have a very urgent question.
iam in new zealand at the moment and its the start of the summer so i need to go out and do some shows. my biggest problem is that i dont know the right name for the fire breathing liquid, i tried it with the german translation in every shop and similar whatever but noone was able to help me to get the highly pure kerosene. so please can you tell me what could be the right name or what are u guys use for the nice flames??!!
i konw about all the risks of fire breathing, that is why i dont want to use the cheao stuff from the warehouse or supermarket. so please help me
and thank u all very muche play safe with the fire and let it burn
cheers clem

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Play *safe* with fire? Really?

Firebreathing is playing *dangerous* with fire. Your mucous membranes and lungs are not designed to deal with toxic hydrocarbons.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
 Written by: clemsens

so please can you tell me what could be the right name or what are u guys use for the nice flames??!!

umm i dont mean to be funny but you dont sound experienced enough to fire breathe in shows....

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
why do people do this every time? people will always do fire breathing...no matter what we say to them. i personally do not like fire breathing...but this person has come here for advice, not an argument as to how dangerous fire breathing is. please just either help them find the correct name for the pure kerosene they are looking for, or leave them alone!

*rant over*

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

clemsensnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
thanks to the mods,...
thats what i really came for for some help and not to get some tips, how dangerous fire breathing is.
i do nearly all kind of fire performance since 14 or more years and started slow with the breating, about 8 years ago. and YES OF COURSE I DO KNOW HOW )(%^$ DANGEROUS FIRE BREATHING IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i also had an accident which was very bad for my lungs(yes a few or all of u will think now, burned once and still stupid,... weeks astma spray etc.) but i cant help my self i still love fire breathing but i want to minimize the risks as far as i can .
so my question again is someone able to write me the chemical name of kerosene or what ever u in england or whereelse in the world use. please write it to me as a private message so it is only for me and no one who shouldn t get that information cAN SEE IT - ijust dont want that somebody is stupid an tries it without supervision .
so thankyou again

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Clem i think that you should calm down.. it is only that the community here thinks about the safety of others and to share with all, the dangers of Fire Breathing, being as it is the most dangerous act you can do.

14 years as a performer is good, experience and knowledge that maybe as you have registered on homeofpoi.com you should share with us all.
8 years experience in fire breathing too, even though you have had some accidents etc... share your stories with us, im sure they would make interesting reasons for others and PUBLIC (non registered members of homeofpoi.com) the reason why threads shuch as this one get replies and create bad Karma amongst the members of this community.

I have only one question, from reading your first post, you seem to be German and that you are in New Zealand and doing public fire shows..
So if you have 14 years experience as a performer and 8 years experience as a fire breather.. plus the fact that your typing is in ENGLISH language and that your performing in an ENGLISH speaking country and that you have typed this =[Quote]so my question again is someone able to write me the chemical name of kerosene or what ever u in england or whereelse in the world use.[/Quote]
You already know the answer to your own question.

For this im just baffled!, 14 years of performing would mean that you have done some traveling and would know , what - where - how to get your equipment and supplies where ever you are in the world.

Just my two cents.. hope your shows go well in NZ hug

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by: the_mods_stole_my_name

why do people do this every time? people will always do fire breathing...no matter what we say to them.

That's not true, I can think of a list of people who, prior to me passing info on to them, would have considered learning to fire breathe and will now not do so.

I know a young person who, whilst drunk at a party, was lied to by a fire breather who claimed that it was a risk-free activity and then took them outside and let them have a go- after I gave him the real facts he was extremely grateful and mentioned that he would never again fire breathe.

some people will fire breathe regardless, many others, when they are told the real risks will change their mind and not do so.

Written by: the_mods_stole_my_name

why do people do this every time? ..but this person has come here for advice, not an argument as to how dangerous Fire Breathing is. please just either help them find the correct name for the pure kerosene they are looking for, or leave them alone!

It's cos they care- they don't want others to unnecessarily go through what we've seen some of our friends go through.

We address the issue politely, without ranting or putting people down.

In this instance, with quotes like-

'thats what i really came for for some help and not to get some tips, how dangerous Fire Breathing is.

i do nearly all kind of fire performance since 14 or more years and started slow with the breating, about 8 years ago. and YES OF COURSE I DO KNOW HOW )(%^$ DANGEROUS Fire Breathing IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i also had an accident which was very bad for my lungs(yes a few or all of u will think now, burned once and still stupid,... weeks astma spray etc.) but i cant help my self i still love Fire Breathing but i want to minimize the risks as far as i can .

Along with the original post,

I feel that there is a need to address the risks-

YES OF COURSE I DO KNOW HOW )(%^$ DANGEROUS

Putting it in capitals does do inspire anyone to actually believe that you do know the dangers- a person who doesn't know anything about the dangers could post exactly the same text.

As PK (hi mate, how you doing smile )has pointed out, the original post is difficult to understand- I certainly am not at all convinced that clemsens is necessarily as knowledgeable about the dangers as he/she seems to think.

So we err on the side of caution and address the issue.

Lastly and, most important, even in the best case scenario of clemsens knowing full well the risks; others stumble across these threads while surfing for info, many are young- this is why whenever we see a thread on fire-breathing that is potentially open to misunderstanding, we will address the dangers.

We're a community board and want to help newcomers to fire arts to be able to learn/practice with minimised risks- I'm sorry if this approach winds a minority of board users up, but, ultimately, I'm afraid you'll just have to deal with those feelings yourself. I, and many other HOP-ers, will always address problematic posts on fire-breathing.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Just to add also, as a continuation of my previous post that the "registered members" are not necessarily the only people that read the forums on www.homeofpoi.com , general public do also and people of "ALL AGES".

[Old link] wink

Not a rant but a post about how influencial youngsters are in this day and age... if it us the older generation that have to set the standards, control the appropriate information and safety guidance to guide those new and old, the correct information and guidance that they seak and with respect of homeofpoi and its followers it is the decent people that can and will supply the appropriate information and guidance if it seems that it is appropriate to do so.

It is for these dangers that when you type fire breathing it will become a link to a safety page, which every one should read.

It is also for that, that so many people have added it to their signatures here on the forums to help spread that knowledge and place as many of those page links accross the vast network of information on the homeofpoi forums, thus making the chances of missing that VITAL INFORMATION on fire breathing virtually unmissable.

please do not feel that we are here to rant at the next person who asks a question about fire breathing or think that it is a undiscussed / banned topic as it is not. We would like only that the CORRECT and precice information be given.

Searching the forums.. like this may help you.

[Old link]

Will give you all the information that has been posted on the forums, many people of all professions and expertise have helped in discussions and research to document all that we rightfully pressent to people such as yourself.

I hope that by looking through the previous posts and threads that i have provided for you in that link will help you on your way, if for some reason that you require more detailed information then maybe we could be of more help if you provide us with detailed questions worded in a respectful mannor so as to help us locate and or provide the relative response.

(Dave im good thanks, got t'internet again woohoo! and you.. feel free to pm or email me for a chat as i have no phone access any more)

hug < for all.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pk_

(Dave im good thanks, got t'internet again woohoo! and you.. feel free to pm or email me for a chat as i have no phone access any more)

hug < for all.

PM sent smile

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
onewheeldave: i didn't mean it like that, it just gets tiring reading the same thing in every post about fire breathing. i personally hate the act itself, its extremely dangerous, and yes, you are correct in saying that many young people try it without knowing the dangers. but, this person came here for advice, not a safety talk. can you see where i'm coming from?

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
personaly i think its a dangourous thing to do but dangourous things attract people to them i dont see why people cant go and practice as safley as possible and ask here for advice on it

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing