Forums > Social Chat > Your favourite Bollywood songs / movies

Login/Join to Participate

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
I bet a lot of them can be found on YouTube..

This song is one of my favourites and the movie was pretty good also

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - Tujhe Dekha To

Point your toes.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
I can't believe how such a beatiful thread can get so few replys.. Can't believe there isn't more bollywood fans on hop.

Imakokode come to rescue..!

Point your toes.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
eek how did i only just find this thread?! i LOVE bollywood movies! if my hindi was better, i could probably work out which movie that song is from...unfortunately all the movies i've seen have also had the english title listed, so i only remember that one!! biggrin

but i pretty much like anything with shah rukh khan or aishwarya rai (or both of course!) in it! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Asuka...fabulous!!!!

I have a couple more, but I need to look up the spelling of their names.
The one where the villagers rally to play cricket against the land baron...fantastic movie and this awesome song about the rain coming is in it. That has to be my favorite.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
that's a brilliant movie pele! i just wish i could remember what the heck it's called!! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

addict
446 posts

Posted:
I was in heaven when I was in Singapore this last summer. We went to a tiny indian bar named "Mohican bar", which was decorated in North American indian style ubblol. Anyway they had a bollywood soundsystem of 2 guys and a woman performing bollywood songs all night!!! The best night of my life..

Point your toes.

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Is "Mississipi Masala" Bollywood? Or Hollywood? At any rate, it is very funny, I loved it.

Have you been to India Antti? It is a bizarre mix of heaven and hell... The buses, filled with Christmas lights, going warp speed on things that can barely considered roads, while the Bollywood sound tracks blast out all hours of the day or night... It is pretty trippy!!!

I found it hilarious when people pointed out how sexually explicit and licentious my culture was, then I would counter by pointing to a Bollywood movie where say, fifty sweaty men are bouncing towards one damp woman, doing repeated crotch thrusts and er, hand gestures.... lol...

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
The cricket movies was Lagaan, one of the better Bollywood films as there was less singing and dancing and more cricket than most wink

My girlfriend convinced me to watch Devdas a few months ago - that's 3 hours of my life I want back!

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks Wirewood.

I like Devdas. I have alot of friends who think it is the best Bollywood out there (I disagree obviously).

I have seen some aweful ones, but in the end they are still fun I think, just for the cheese factor.

Right now I have Dev here waiting to be watched. I have to be in the mood to watch Bollywood, and right now I'm kinda not.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

addict
446 posts

Posted:
I haven't been to India. I think it might be a bit too much. Little India in Singapore is enough for me (going back there next year).

I loved Devdas. I'd say it is one of the best. I want to see it again but the dvd I bought had only french dubbing even though the covers said english subs etc. And my Aishawarya compilation isn't working either. (The 2 Bollywood dvd's I've bought so far ubblol)

Point your toes.

addict
446 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw

Point your toes.