Page: ......
tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
I thought i would start a thread for people interested in fire staff juggling,i am really interested to see any videos of people throwing two or more staffs,and in particular anyone taking it in new direction.
I am currently working on routines with two and three staffs and contemplating a serious attempt at the four staff shower,

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
cheers rob hug I have a car now so bournemouth will be a regular, I was doing ok at 3 staff cascade 2 weeks ago with mismatched 120's

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Thanx to you guy and your post in this topic, I started to work with some side swap during the Italian Convention smile and this shower under shower is going on soon smile it's really fun !
and since I came back home, I worked for 3 more days but with my computer this time, and patence will be paid wink
working on finalising the vidéo now biggrin

it's NOT lost ubbrollsmile

>> all is full of love <<

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
bastl forgive my ignorance but i have no idea how you can perform a fishtail routine?i look forward to play!!

antti,i look forward very much to seeing some contactdouble staff juggling,this could be amazing

"salut ima" hug
cant wait for the video

to all three of you,massive respect,you deserve it!

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
i don´t have a propper fishtale routine yet, just this one for the vid, which is not online, but i can not really reproduce that routine on stage, a `bit` to difficult for the moment wink mainly training steves and angle rolls in the moment...to combine them more with fishies

anyway, for cascade rotation discussion:

i do 1 1/2 in cascade throw, is more compftable to play. in genreal i would recommend to try out various different rotation numbers, to find a rhythm which has a good balance betwenn hight and speed, -that means 1 1/2 are good for me to throw quite low with a certain speed in the pattern, which is more relaxing than slow rhytym but high throws...

looking much forward to imas 7131 eek

_told the fishfable to wes peden
_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Im' spending all my free time on finalizing the vid tongue it's getting really nice smile 22 Minutes long, 21 jugglers, 10 different countries all over the world, "[Juggling] Staff Only" will have a trailer : 3 mins streaming version, like a "best of" maybe with slow motion like for the teaser, and a full downloadble version.

Blast, yep 7131 that's right, it's not that difficult as soon as you have enough silling space and no wind and no light in the face etc. (I wish I could have such a training place free in Paris rolleyes)
make a very small 2 staffs shower while the 7 is high. it look funny and impressive smile
I'm also working a bit on 501, starting with 2 staffs in one hand. Looking forward to see you Seb caus I can't handle the Mils mess alone biggrin I need a teacher (by the way I never could do it even with balls ubblol).

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
21 minutes of staff juggling,awesome work ima

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
just....when do they'll start?:)

--Late biosas---
tired to watch videos,let's go juggling in the street.

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
uh oh, there goes ima getting our hopes up again! You big tease.

21 minutes? No wonder it took so damn long to edit it. If you round up the on fire juggling clips soon you could probably package it all in a full DVD format! Not that Im suggesting that, I want to download it right now!

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
7131 what a [censored] biggrin i like it wink
ima for mills: train every variation on underarm throws and catches you can imagine ...that helps wink

see you in less than a month ubbrollsmile
meanwhile videohug video hug video

_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
I'm trying to finish the credits of the video this week end, it might take more time for the trailer, but we don't care cause we'll dl the full version prety soon, and the lasy curious people will wait more for the short streaming version. (I'm still looking for the music of this one, if anyone have a suggestion.)

Seb, I have the mills already !!
cool or at least I got the idea (7 catches)

find me some more until Ub !! ubbloco

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
good work ima,

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
ima are u coming to play this year?

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
I wish I could ubblove I'm really busy this summer

when is that? ubbrollsmile

Have to work 2 more month before being confortable with mils juggle

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
 Written by: imakokode

(I'm still looking for the music of this one, if anyone have a suggestion.)

Black metal? mad

ubblol

mill's mess...it's a mess for sure!
Shower under shower it is very very very satisfing to be trained and done,like playing not with 1.20cm long stuff but more like balls.. that's the effect watching it and trying it. rolleyes

--Late biosas---

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I can't wait to see this biggrin I sussed out a 3 staff time reverse follow last night (often mistaken for burk's barrage) the outward sweeps look really nice in a tight 3 stave pattern.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
You guys know I'm not very good in english, so I hope there is not that much mistakes in the text.

But anyway HERE IT IS :

[Juggling] Staff Only Large = 70 Mo

[Juggling]Staff Only Small = 30 Mo

This Video is for the Hardcore .wmv dloaders, it take some time but I can't put more than 10 min on Youtube (yet) and it's 22 minutes long :o !
So I can make a .mov or .avi format if this is a problem for somepeople but the quality will be worst. Sorry but, that's taken back from deep inside a living-dead hard drive, so it's better than nothing!

The 3 (or 5) minutes version will come next.

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
IT'S CRAZY!
It' very loooong but ,personally,i've enjoyed all of it.
Greetings to evryone for skill,funny and presence also..it could take 1 day to say even a word about anyone ,i'll just say that...there's a lot of materials to be learned in theese 20min from the sweetness of Antti,to the innovation of Rob,trough anyone alse!

Special thanx to Ima and the crazy intro and the mixing music who gave the video a special touch:) smile

Proud to be into smile

--Late biosas---

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
such a nice video biggrin top job dude, I remember when rob filmed his bit down the jugglesoc.

clap great stuff everyone.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
nice work ima,i love the music it works very well with the indiviual styles,
many thanks for all the work you and others have put into this video
enthegen massive amounts of respect @ ya
much love to all the jugglers on the video
RHD look at what you have started much respect,
hopefully this will inspire people to make and post lots more videos of staff juggling with and without fire
im fully inspired and off to put a few hours training in
juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
It's a classic. Thanks for everybody sending in their videos. And thanks to Ima for putting it together.

I'm glad that the Amazing Rubber Heart duo has inspiritaioed many people. wink

Point your toes.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Yes thanx you guys for this amazing triks to share, and sorry for behing so late.

here is the streaming version !

https://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-270663563691732845&hl=fr

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
yeah amazing work people! smile

loads of interesting and inspiring stuff in there.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
lots of yummy throws in planes i hadn't considered at heights and staff lengths i daren't.
MUCH respect, french brothers!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
Good vid biggrin loads of wicket stuff
sometimes a shame that it´s so hard to see the staffs propperly, next time we should send DVD´s ..maybe.
good to see so many people spending their time on throwing,

cheers ima. Cheers antti wink

so what did i like best:
olivier: alberts and treblas with staff eek
tophe: wow smooth 3 staff flash
very logic valerie and josh phu 3 flash in to btb transfer shower into that awesome low shower phu...+ 3up into 4 staff shower and little 6 staff passing...phuu good to see you guys play biggrin (berlin - august ?)
steph you must juggle since some time, never seen such accurate rotation numbers in 3 staff patterns...u are at uber ?
Tommi, btb squeeze catches & amazing body controll -yeah baby
love meast and imas btb catches in passing

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i loved the fact that tommi's video was shot over two years ago (at Uberstaff!!) ubblol

agreed on the vid quality (though i did get the small version...)

dismayed that there were only two brits on there. the french are coming!!!!!!! biggrin (more accurately, we are going to them smile )

I've cross posted this to tribe.net - can people do similarly on any other forums they are on? would be nice to spread the love.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
here is my section in higher quality,with a cracking tune over then top,i think we lost quality when the hard drive died?perhaps people can post their individual sections in a higher quality on here?
i think when the trailer comes out we can post that everywhere to help "spread the love"

seb what does phu mean??

DavidJNolanPrecision instrument of speed and aromatics
240 posts

Posted:
Oi!
there were at least three brits in there!

Not a spinner!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
you don't count tongue

you're a pretend brit now.

ubblol

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I thought it was going to be staff 'juggling', which means at least three, or two in one hand. I didn't think throws with doubles would count. umm

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Page: ......