Forums > Social Discussion > Any one heard of Streetcar.co.uk?

Login/Join to Participate

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
heard about this a while back and i just went to visit the website...it sounds like a pretty good idea, especially for londoners. i havne't passed my test yet...but it's something i thought people might like to know about biggrin

Basically they have lots of cars all over london and you can hire them in 30 min blocks or a few days or whatever, membership is free & you get 30 miles free petrol per day!

basically it's fab if you have no one to liftshare with & saves people getting cars which they then use ALL THE TIME when they know they shouldn't i.e. just to go down the shops, just because the car's there.

Check it!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
So basically it's like a car rental...

No, actually it's exactly like a car rental.

Careful on insurance and such.

Sounds cool though.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
they had a mention about this on 5th gear or top gear some time back.......not a bad idea but..................watching rogue traders last night was a bit scary as it was all about car and van hire companys that willingly hired out potentially leathal cars and vans.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
Find me a car on the road today that's not potentially lethal. Agreed, some are worse than others, but they can all still kill you.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
I'm member of City Car Club in Bristol. It's better than your usual car rental as you can "hire" it for as little as an hour.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.