FunkyGibberBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hi there,

We used to have an excellent shop here in Newbury that sold kites, juggling clubs etc and more importantly poi. But it recently closed down and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy poi from in Berkshire. I know there are a lot of places online i could buy from, but I'd rather see what I'm buying as I'm new to spinning and the technical jargon is a bit confusing at this stage.

Cheers in advance guys,
Ste.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
In Reading there's a similar kite shop type place that sold poi and juggling stuff.
it's in the Harris Arcade in Friar Street
there isn't a massive amount of choice there though, and i was last there about a year ago, so they could have disappeared.
juggly/kite shops can be a bit short lived frown

alternatively you could buy over t'internet from the HoP shop, or hyperloop.co.uk
i'd recommend HoP for fire stuff, and hyperloop for funky cone poi.

or make a trip into Camden in London and visit Oddballs (right next to the market at Camden Lock, usually a good choice of stuff, maybe a little pricey)
but i wouldn't recommend them for practice poi at the moment, they only have rubbish tails

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simian

but i wouldn't recommend them for practice poi at the moment, they only have rubbish tails

confused as in 'tails are rubbish' or 'the tails that oddballs are selling are rubbish'...?

i believe they are also selling purdy sock poi at the moment.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Hey FunkyGibber, I am a Newburian and I dearly miss that kite shop too frown for shame.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.