Forums > Social Discussion > Who owns Israel/ Palestine?

Login/Join to Participate

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
*kshh!!! sizzzzlinghothothot!!! jikes!*

It's all mine! ubbangel Liar! It's mine! devil

Now who the heck finally owns this place? I'd love to know a readymade answer, before they start to clash again...

*sigh*

Anyone? wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Patriarch917SILVER Member
I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
I say the Israelis own Israel, and the Palestinians own Palestine.

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
godamn capitalist nonsense...

next you'll be telling me that humans (or groups of humans arbitrairly organised into nation states) think they own they own the seas and the air...

whats that... they think they do. oh... crap.

frown

pat... surely you're answer should be that its all God's land and the humans who reside there are but temporary stewards???

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
since the ownership of land forms quite a major reason for the conflict in the first place, i don't think you're going to get a straight answer there...

A brief history of Israel and Palestine to help you figure it out

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Google owns it.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Patriarch917SILVER Member
I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
While we're speculating on ownage, check out this guy:

Non-Https Image Link

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
LOL.. That's very cute..

Owning anything? That's what causes the strife to begin with..

Posession may be nine tenths of the law, but its also nine tenths of arguments.

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
god didn't create the earth ubblol

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
nor did you tongue

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
You're both right....it was me....now kneel at my feet and worship me you mortal fools....Mwah ha ha ha!

:P

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Allright - there are pro's and con's... I am not amazed wink

Problem is that Palestine and Israel are in the same area. I used both terms because I didn't want to hurt anyones feelings or sound as in favour for one or the other.

I agree with dream: You can't own land.... in the beginning was the crazy man, who said: "I own this place!" unfortunately he immediately met this fool who said: "I'll certify!"... [/tale] and now we have the mess...

Back to topic: IMO the main issue is that people do not really know much about Israel/ Palestine and it's historical facts... thanks for this link, NOn.

It appears to me as if the Balfour declaration was an incredible act of imperialism... but it was legal at that time. This declaration, along with the UN resolution (GA 181) on Nov. 29, 1947 was clearly in favour for a jewish state in Palestine - however rejected by the arab population. Therefore the history of Israel is based upon rejected UN resolutions.

It turns out (to me) that in fact it was the muslim population, that was unwilling to live with the jews in the first place (*which is ridiculous, as in fact they have the same roots) however, NOT because they were taking their property, but because

Written by: Aref Pasha Dajani

"their history and their past proves that it is impossible to live with them. In all the countries where they are at present, they are not wanted... because they always arrive to suck the blood of everybody..."

IMHO the first wave of jewish immigrants (at the end of 19. century) sparked economical impulses in the area and it was due to this, that more muslim migrated to Palestine.

However, at this point - after reviewing the history of this area - I personally can see not much that would backup the palestinian claim shrug

Educate me...

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Galloway speaks on the current situation in Israel
Worth watching IMHO.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Goodness gracious: A yelling man on TV twisting facts in favour of Hizbollah... Personally I'd appreciate more clarity in arguments and expression...

He should indeed have a longer and better memory than 4 weeks - as he himself demands from the interviewer. He's got his point (of view) clearly opposing the Israeli position and blatantly lying about the ratio of victims.

Hence worth watching - I agree. Thanks for that one.

Making me even lean more towards the Israeli position.

IMHO it's ridiculous to demand that Israel should give back East-Jerusalem and the Golan Heights. It's ridiculous for neighboring countries to first start war with Israel, loose it, then support Terrorist organisations - demanding that Israel should comply and return this territory.

IMHO it's ridiculous for "Palestinians" to demand a state of their own, unless officially recognising Israel as a state, whilst supporting acts of violence and terror against the people of Israel.

IMO it's a ridiculous statement that Israel as a state is illegal and that ALL land, owned by Israelis is stolen.
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1156339614)

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Yes but then anyone familiar with British politics will be well aware that Mr Galloway is a fairly ridiculous figure.

its kinda hard to have Respect for someone claiming to represent the left who has no qualms in appealing to support from Muslims who are vehemently homophobic on the basis that it becomes his most likely route into parliament.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Patriarch917

I say the Israelis own Israel, and the Palestinians own Palestine.

And the Irish own the southern portion of Ireland.

ubbangel

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NOn

since the ownership of land forms quite a major reason for the conflict in the first place, i don't think you're going to get a straight answer there...

written by this guy;

https://www.israelipalestinianprocon.org/Biosind/amiisseroff.html

check the qualifications;

Education: D.Sc, Behavioral Biology, Israel Technical Institute, 1974-1976
M.A., Psychology, Hebrew University, 1970-1973
B.A., Psychology, Brooklyn College, 1964-1968

His account of the history of the conflict seems to leave out important points, gloss over others and paint quite a biased view of the whole shebang. I dont think it would pass in any stand-up journal on the subject, but then again, his academic area is psychology, not history...

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Thanks Pyro, I am certain that men - after suffering enough in wars, they finally want peace.. Maybe that is the only true background for this conflict: that Muslims and Jews finally come to peace.... shrug

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pyrolific

Written by: NOn

written by this guy;

https://www.israelipalestinianprocon.org/Biosind/amiisseroff.html

check the qualifications;

Education: D.Sc, Behavioral Biology, Israel Technical Institute, 1974-1976
M.A., Psychology, Hebrew University, 1970-1973
B.A., Psychology, Brooklyn College, 1964-1968

His account of the history of the conflict seems to leave out important points, gloss over others and paint quite a biased view of the whole shebang. I dont think it would pass in any stand-up journal on the subject, but then again, his academic area is psychology, not history...

Josh

fair dos, thanks for pointing that out. Guess that's the internet for you, anyone can publish anything, and it was the only page that seemed to show a reasonably detailed history, but i have to admit, i didn't check the source. It would be nice to see an unbiased history about the area, but i don't think it's going to happen, every country's written history is biased in their favour, which government would go around saying someone else's country is actually better than their own? shrug

we should find a palestinian written history for this thread to balance it out smile

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
How about this one?

To own or not to own land... is a philosophical question at first. Is it possible to own land at all? It seems to be crazy, but that's how it is these days. Therefore I'd identify this thread as to find out, why someone can put a claim on some piece of land...

So far I am holding the opinion that Palestine belongs to the state of Israel and the Israelis... as is.