Forums > Social Chat > MSN live (new) just lost ALL my contacts please help

Login/Join to Participate

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone,

I jus insalled the new MSN live and it deleted all my contacts frown the previous MSN didn' do that when I updated, so I foolishly had no back-up.

a few people I DO have e-mail for BUT many have been random addiions I know and love. if you can peeps PLEASE re-add me to your contacts. if you knew me you'll have my e-mail. its in the MSN contacts list.

and my advice

BACK-UP BEFORE INStALLING NEW MSN LIVE
hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
awww sorry to hear that.

at least now you get to findout who loves you by adding you again! biggrin failing that they should still have you as a contact, so they'll try to talk to you and it *should* automatically add them, i *think* .

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

artindorilmember
117 posts

Posted:
It seems to be msn live that's playing up, cos if you go onto webmessenger then all your contacts will still be there.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I went into my hotmail and names had been deleted making contacts inviable... I have resolved the problem now *phew*

(i know very little about computers ubblol )

put all names in and ticked messanger box again and now they all work

saving contacts as i speak

think some are still missing as only showing 23 contacts and all offline so online people aren't showing up.... i hope.
EDITED_BY: Mynci (1153298183)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
*couple of hints for live messenger*

1) if contacts arent showing up properly, click on arrows and select *sort by status* - that worked for me

2) do NOT delete msn messenger before you download live

mine was playing up eg signing me in when i signed out (wtf)

and I found that system restore back to prior installation, then copying msn files into another folder, then reinstalling worked. having the msn files still there seems to have some sort of effect?? i dont know why

bloddy windows crapangry - looks like a ew people are having all sorts of different issues with it

Are you up for it?
wink;)

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
um, you were on my list.. werent you?

well, my emails in my profile smile

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
Mine just take between 2 and 5 attempts at logging in. But it's done that for a while now, so i just put up with it...

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ooh mynci, my email's on my profile too, i'll chat to you! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
oooh... thanks for the heads up about hte messenger problems...

I`ll bear this all in mind when (if) I update mine

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
You can export all your contacts I think ( you used to be able to) so if you have a problem you should therefore be able to import your contacts from the file you exported MSN?

Whats so good about MSN live anyway? Other than chatting to people on Yahoo, it seems much the same to me

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
i think the main difference is that you can send a message to people even if you're "appearing offline", thats about all I've noticed anyway

Are you up for it?
wink;)

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i'm puter stupid...is msn messenger the same as msn live? cause i have live

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed