MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Go see it! It was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! Very well-done. (Oh, and Routh is easy on the eyes, too).

A few (three, in fact) points that I found amusing (these aren't really spoilers...watch the movie and it'll make sense).

1) In the ER when a patient comes in the nurses write on the triage sheet how the patient came in. "BIBA" stands for "Brought In By Ambulance." I'm just imagining picking up a triage sheet with "BIBS" "Brought In By Superman."

2) Green Kryptonite as an asthma trigger? ubblol

3) What's his suit made out of? It survives re-entry about fifty times, has a gattling gun shot at it, and takes all sorts of other abuse (these aren't spoilers...it's not a proper Superman movie if he doesn't walk straight at the line of some amazingly powerful gun while a villain empties it against the Superman emblem on his chest). Didn't his mom sew it?

Ok, I'm done now.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
hmmmm...................think it's all about the TRANSFORMERS MOVIE wink
EDITED_BY: ravehead (1152021307)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
From the early reviews of Superman, I'm gutted that Bryan Singer didn't stay on for 'X-Men 3' imagine how great it would've been, instead of being 'mildly entertaining'.

Superman sound amazing and the trailer for 'Transformers' is THE definition of 'Teaser Trailer'

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I remember an explanation for why supermans suit never gets harmed. cant remember where from though, but probably from The New Adventures of Superman (Lois and Clark) with Dean Cain (mmmm) and Teri Hatcher.

Its because its skin tight and lies next to his skin, within his aura smile

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TinklePants

Its because its skin tight and lies next to his skin, within his aura smile

Doesn't explain the cape though...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

7,193 posts

Posted:
it's the best trailer i've seen for a long time dave *slips into BBC points of view moaning mode*

why oh why oh why do movies insist on showing you ALL the action in the teaser trailers and why do they ALWAYS have the "making of........" 2 weeks before the film comes outubblol

yeah nice one i've just watche "the making of........." on national telly...........now i'm going to blow £20 to go and sit in a cinema and pay extorsionat prices for refreshments umm

and they wonder why video piracy is so rife ubblol

not that i've EVER bought a pirate copy of any films ubbangel

HONEST tongue

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

3) What's his suit made out of? It survives re-entry about fifty times, has a gattling gun shot at it, and takes all sorts of other abuse

rolleyes

fanboy 101

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

zombiedaleBRONZE Member
31 posts

Posted:
Cool totally looking forward to this coming out. Bryan Singer rocks as a director i'm sure it will be cool.

Oh by the way Comic geek factoid, Superman's Aura extends a few inches from his body so it protects his suit from harm.

I think.

And as the skin rips off i cherish the revolting thought That even if i quit There's not a chance in hell i'd stop- The Dresden Dolls

The truth no matter who it hurts - Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ive heard the opposite (about superman)

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
The trailer for transformers.... hmmm... looks good... but... Transformers living on Mars?? i dont think so! I have a feeling my fan/geekyness may get in the way of me enjoying this film.

Though Superman does look good, i cant wait to see it!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
My son wants to see this - hes 7. do you reckon it would be too scary/violent/sexual whatever? Any pointers would be most useful, cos its a 12A, so its my judgment on whether it would be ok.

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
www.bbfc.co.uk said it 'Contains Moderate Violence' (no mention of sexuality, scary images or drug use. Strangely no mention of my favourite 'mild peril'!)

Has he seen the Superman and Superman 2 yet? Because this this is supposed to be a continuation from those films (ignoring 3 & 4)

If he hasn't, it's probably advisable that you show those to him.
For both continuity and to induct him into how dark a PG-friendly world can be before progressing into (I suspect) even darker territory. But being 'Superman' I don't think it'll go TOO dark.

I think as adults we forget how much we as children could handle. But if you really want good judgement as to what to expect, I'd advise you see it yourself first or ask a friend who is on the same wavelength as you who has seen it to ask what they think.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
:O that Transformers teaser looks pretty crap. i mean, everyone knows they landed on earth after an epic space battle and slept for millions of years. what the [censored] would they be on mars for? there isnt anything that they could make enegon cubes to sustain themselves. silly hollywood remakes frown

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Has he seen the Superman and Superman 2 yet? Because this this is supposed to be a continuation from those films (ignoring 3 & 4)

first time i heard this, will make alot more sence now i know. surely they should have made a bigger deal out of this. confused

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well they are using both the original John Williams theme and Marlon Brando's making an appearance as Jor-El (using different takes from the original).

They have made a big deal out of this. It's just matter of being a big enough film geek to read about it in various film sites and magazines...

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i think you are all WAY off mark

in terms of films it is all about https://www.clerks2.com/

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Majestik

:O that Transformers teaser looks pretty crap. i mean, everyone knows they landed on earth after an epic space battle and slept for millions of years. what the censored would they be on mars for? there isnt anything that they could make enegon cubes to sustain themselves. silly hollywood remakes frown

Maybe they stopped at Mars to use a rest stop? confused

-Mike

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simta

i think you are all WAY off mark

in terms of films it is all about https://www.clerks2.com/

clap wooooooooooooo it's out on my birthday bounce

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyat.............i just given away more info about me ubblol

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

Maybe they stopped at Mars to use a rest stop? confused

lol no, you see the deceptacons left cybertron in the hope of finding a planet where they could produce sufficient amounts of energon cubes so they could return to cybertron and annihilate the autobots. obviously the autobots didnt want that to happen so they left cybertron too and then the two ships locked and the deceptacons boarded the autobot ship and a huge battle ensued where evryone was knocked out and the deceptacon ship blew up and the atuobot ship(with everyone unconcious aboard) crashed onto earth, where it lay for thousands of years before seismic activity brought the ships and all the transformers back from sleep! when they awoke the autobots ships AI had allocated them all disguises in the shape of earth machinery so they could blend in.

and then the deceptacons stayed on earth so they could pillage it of its natural resources to make enegon cubes, and the autobots stayed on earth to try to stop them.

(in all honesty the autobots are a bit soft and reactionary, but they're the good guys and they have pretty orange lasers) biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I saw Superman Returns last night.

*****************SPOILERS!!!!!***********

It was a tad disappointing in places.

The DISAPPOINTING (won't say bad because it's still streets ahead of most blockbusters)

Lois Lane left me a bit cold. Lex Luthor though great felt nothing more than an extended cameo. Basically I felt that there was a slight undernourishment of characterisation (speaking as someone who's used the excellent portrayal of Superman stories in the far superior 'Justice League' Animated series). Also being a follow up to the first two films, you couldn't help but compare and contrast the two eras. Even with the great Kevin Spacey as Lex, you couldn't help but compare him to Gene Hackman and I don't think he had a enough screentime to blow Hackman out of the park. The pacing was at such breakneck speed that the supposed climax felt like a middle section. Even at 154mins the film could've done with being a bit longer...

THE GREAT
Brandon Routh - DEAD RINGER - Despite his relative youth I was watching his Clark Kent scenes with open mouthed awe as he seemed to be channeling the late Christopher Reeve. His reunion with his (earth) mother was touching.

Kevin Spacey and Parker Posey ubblol

The scene with the plane rescue. WOW

Superman vs Lex Luthor - OW

'You will be different'... *SNIFF*

People who watched it with me would testify to the impossibly wide, child-like griny I had when watching the opening credits. The swelling John Williams theme, the faith replication of the of the names swooshing past the screen. It is with this that you know this film is a nostalgia trip and on that level it succeeds.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Brandon Routh - DEAD RINGER -

Easy on the eyes, too... biggrin

-Mike

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I dunno. He doesn't really do it for me.... I'm quite picky.

Plus stories of a need for 'digital reduction' terrifies me quite frankly...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
digital reduction? Huh?

-Mike

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Let's just say they needed extra material for the shorts....

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
ubblol

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
He's...endowed?

Now where do I get his number again? ubbangel

-Mike

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Why was my first thought " Did Lightning get lucky with Superman??...tsk tsk biggrin biggrin rolleyes

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
No. I wish.

Met this really nice guy named Clark, though...

-Mike

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Although being 'faster than a speeding bullet' might not be a good thing....