Forums > Social Chat > Parents Juggling/Spinning

Login/Join to Participate

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Who has parents who as a result of their juggling and spinning have gotten into it too?

My parents tried juggling a few years ago when I was a littlie, but never bothered much. But now that I'm all into it, dad has started trying to juggle! He went out and bought a set of balls and was teaching himself, intending to make it a surprise for me! (but I saw the juggling balls hidden in his office, half obscured by something on the bookshelf)

I think it's really cute!

So anyone else have stories about parents getting all excited? Parents can be so cute! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
my dad likes the technical side of things, he helped me make a carry tube for my staffs and such so i can catch buses and things without getting all dirty, and he likes to watch and hang around and talk about improving and changing designs and such biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
My mum loves it, especially making flags.

She gets the poi out when she has visitors and shows stuff. When I am up there she comes out and spins with me. I love it heaps.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
I taught both my mum and dad the 3 ball cascade.

I can also pass 6 balls with my dad.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Its the other way round for me.

Twas my dad that taught me staff to begin with. biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Mum and dad showed me off to the grandparents tonight....but juggling after beer, wine and cointreau is just a teeny bit difficult! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

1,019 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

Mum and dad showed me off to the grandparents tonight....but juggling after beer, wine and cointreau is just a teeny bit difficult! ubblol

Yet also a little more fun. smile

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
ditto for poi

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

nonenonenoneSILVER Member
129 posts

Posted:
my dad has asked me and my brother to teach him to juggle (will be brother doing that, hes far better, he taught me!) and whenever we get things out they cant resist having a go! my nan (who fairly recently had a total knee replacement!) has even been on my unicycle!!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
not so much my dad but my father-in-law wants to learn poi he does loads of marshal arts any way so i will teach him and he will pick it up in a few hours and be better then me

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
i'm in the process of teaching my dad to juggle. so that hopefully (for him) i'll be in his school teaching kids how to juggle next week.

juggle after drink, BAD. do poi instead, easiest thing to do while drunk (in my opinion)
[waits for LeMonkey to make a comment like "yeah, and he'd know best" or something else that implies i drink too much]

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
Both my parents are jugglers, and did performances, workshops etc for quite a while, though it wasn't really because of thm that i started, i tried juggling when i was young but soon got bored as I was more interested in other stuff but then someone showed me staff at a party and i got into it, then started juggling and its awesome that my parents are jugglers.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

1,019 posts

Posted:
Larry is an alcoholic.

No need to imply such a thing eh, just tell it as it is. wink

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
My dad wants me to teach him how to juggle rings. I've never juggled them, but he seems to think I can pick up the basics of anything like that. Crazy man winkHe used to want me to teach him crystal stix, but he just never got the hang of it. Yesterday and today I was a relay for life event which lasted from 6pm of yesterday to 7am today, So i figured, all night eh, I'll bring some props. It was halarious because after walkingn some laps I head by our campsite to see my mum spinning my poi much in the same fashion as the little boy in the begining of eazy sunday 2. Made me smile bunches. Most kids at my school get emarased by their parents, I get humored by mine biggrin

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
my mums got my balls ubblol

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
I tried to teach my parents poi on a beach in Antigua last year. Bless them. My Dad was pretty good, but my mother just looked odd. My Mum is less laid back than my Dad, and it sort of showed - he just chilled with it, whereas she was too worried about how she looked, getting it right etc.
Might try and teach them again...

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

SemuleGOLD Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
I stood in our livingroom doing the three beat weave (not much space but it was winter :P) and my mum came and asked if she could try... I thought that she would be the first person on earth to manage to hurt herself with sockpois, but no.... she did it perfekt! on the first try! I felt pretty worthless considering that it took me quite a long time to learn it.

Anyway I'm proud of her biggrin