Forums > Technical Discussion > RSS Feeds and favourite threads...

Login/Join to Participate

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
...is there any way to get an RSS feed my 'favourite' threads? I know you can get feeds from the various other parts of the forum, but it'd be nice if I could get a feed of just my favourite (subscribed) threads. Anyone know if that's possible / how to do it?

Cake or Death?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I would like this too smile

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Not a bad idea at all. I don't think it's possible at the moment but I'll put it on my list of things that'll hopefully be tackled sometime. It really can't be that hard to sort out somehow, except for authentication.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Cool - keep us posted! smile

Cake or Death?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
does authentication need to be that secure? I don't see why. Everyone could just have a query string with the user ID after it or something. Maybe a random string as well, so other people can't see what threads you have marked etc.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

MireneyeSILVER Member
enthusiast
276 posts

Posted:
Well. I guess you could, with alot of tweaking use Samurize Page Scrapper. Basically it finds texts between html tags (or really any specified begin/end text) on a page and displays what's in between. Can be set to automatically update each 5min or so.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Any word on this *cough* malcolm *cough* wink

Been a while since I've thought about the topic, but I've just re-installed my RSS aggregator and it would be fantastic if I could quickly check my favourites rather than having to drill down through the forum to find them...

Cake or Death?