Forums > Meet Others > Spain: Barcelona and Seville

Login/Join to Participate

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Hello All!

I will be in Spain over June/July, somewhere near Seville from 23 June - 8 July and in Barcelona for the next week or so. My spanish is poor (actually non-existant), but I would love to meet up and have a spin in Spain.

Maiuki posted a great thread with a number of poi nights [Old link], but I have little urge to spin alone umm

Please send me a PM if you would like to meet up.

Cheers!

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
mate wish you were going the other way round im in barcelona from the 23rd - 27 june and dont know any where to go spin so if you here of anything let me know and ill do the same!

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Pity! I'll let you know if anybody gets in touch with me. ..

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
*bump*

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Spain is awfully close to England, ya know. wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
I know! So, have you booked a flight yet? I'm sure accomodation will be easy enough to sort out for you! biggrin

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
so only 3 days to go untill i go to barcelona anyone know any where to spinn there?

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
Hope it's not too late, but I just found [Old link] which mentions the Parc de la Ciutadella (the one by the marina, not Park Cuell) and says that it's good on Sundays. Hope that's still reliable.

Me and the missus are off to Barcelona in August, so please do let us all know how you get on. She loves lying on the beach, I don't and will be looking for spinning sessions / venues to visit.

It may stop, but it never ends.

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
I leave in about 12 hours - snuck in a last minute check!

thanks for that thread. i missed it in my searches. it is from June 2002, but i'll definantly go past the park on Sunday. I'll write up a report on my findings when I get back biggrin

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
One week to go until our trip to Barcelona bounce

Anyone got anything to report? confused

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
Parc de la Ciutadella is the spot.. I was there 2 years ago and I'm sure it's still going on every sunday.. expect a lot of drummers and spinners and fun.

Point your toes.

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
I didn't get to go to any meets, but I met Buzz at his poi stall. He told me that "Parc de la Ciutadella" on a sunday evening is the main meet. He also organises a night of spinning every full moon (I missed it by 2 days!).

best thing to do is go to his poi stall and chat to him or his mate (I think the other guy is Pedro). I will try give directions from las ramblas:

At the sea side end of las ramblas (the christopher columbus statue), turn left along the main road (Passag de colom).
walk for 10 minutes. You will pass about 3 or 4 padestrian bridges on your right.
Cross over right (towards the ocean) at the first motorvehicle road (mol de espanya).

You will see a few white semi-permanant market stalls. look for the shop with much lovely juggling equipment and toys.

I can't seem to find a map. check link at the top of this thread for a map of Parc de la Ciutadella
(its the one with the zoo).

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
Thanks for that, WOFT - very useful to know.

Hopefully the ongoing airport mayhem won't see my camera disappear from my baggage and I'll have some pics of the Sunday evening to post when we get back.

I'm sure to do some poi shopping while I'm out there, the current security situation means I'm keeping "funny looking stuff" to a minimum, certainly on the way out and am putting what I am taking on cords, not chains.

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
And... we're home again, safe and sound biggrin

Here's a little map...

Non-Https Image Link

...I've marked the section of the Parc de la Ciutadella where spinners gather in red. It's not an organised session and not exclusively spinning / juggling, either. There was also a Copeira group on the grass and an informal Argentinian tango session going on in the bandstand. We were only there for an hour or two, from about 18:00 but there was a really cool and very relaxing atmosphere and I'd recommend anybody who happens to be in Barcelona to go and check it out.

It starts around 17:00 and goes on until the Parc closes at sunset (?) I didn't see or hear any evidence of fire.

Buzz's poi stall is also marked on the map, here's a picture...

Non-Https Image Link

WOFT was correct, except that there are only two footbridges. The stall is in a part of town known as Port Vell, just before the Museu D'Historia De Catalunya

Barcelona boasts a fine underground metro system and the nearest station for both the above is Barceloneta on line L4 (the yellow one on the local metro map).

Other tips for Barcelona...
Probably the best way to get from the airport into town is to use the Aerobus, which goes to the Plaça de Catalunya and costs €3.75.
If you want to see the sights, check out a Barcelona Card, which allows you complete access to the public transport system for up to 5 days, along with offering discounts and even some free tickets to several points of interest. A 5 day ticket costs just under €35.00.

If you're not so into sight seeing, it's cheaper to get a "T-10" ticket to use on the metro and buses. This gives you 10 trips for €6.65 and is validated each time you entera station. Each validation lasts about 1.25 hours (?), so you can continue your journey by another means at no extra charge.

Usual "big city" personal security precautions apply: watch your bags, pockets, etc. Beware of people trying to tell you you have something on your clothes or that there's something wrong with your car or inviting you to join in street games for money. Also beware of parts of the small area immediately to the west of the Ramblas - some of it's a seedy red light area.

Otherwise a fantastic city, with plenty to see and do.