Forums > Social Discussion > Thoughts on T-Shirts for CommonGround 2006 - memories

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
bounce Hi there all you lovely HoPers! bounce

OK, I finally get it together enough to put this up here, and I know so many of you are looking forward to it happening again, we decided to throw some ideas around....

I am in the process of organising/designing T-Shirts for all you gorgeous beings that will be attending CommonGround 2006. Basically I am after some feedback in terms of if many of you would be interested in having something like this made available for purchase (and also possible mail order)

What we have come up with - with the help of the beautiful Katinca - is that we do either a white shirt with printing on it; or we do a black shirt with the same printing. Now we thought that as most ppl dont take markers with them camping that we would include one in the cost of the shirt, so you can get HoPers and non-HoPers to sign it for you. We would supply a black marker with the white shirt and a silver one with the black shirts.

I eagerly await any comments, feedback, suggestions etc as it would be greatly appreciated...Thanks! hug

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

"that wink was a nice one not a im going to thrust at you wink" ~Brettstar

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Marty - ubblol and that is all I have to say to you!
Like I have said before, keep bringing the ideas and I will eventually get some sort of poll up here that ppl can vote on etc... The t-shirts will definately be happening, but there is the opportunity for us to do more varied stuff, so keep the ideas coming HoPers!
*wonders to self if she's in over her head????* wink

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
SCARFIES...oops caps lock.

Headscarves. I want a CG scarfie.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

there shall be headscarves at my stall... don't know about official commonground ones though... they'll be official flameyhead ones.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

kristiemnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
hi there!!
i'm wondering if you could please help me out with the dats for common ground 2006? i'm trying to organise my travels around it but am finding it difficult without dates!! i'm unsure of if it's the start of september or october, or if i'm way off completely!!!
can any body help me?

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
last i heard, the dates are as yet uncomfirmed. i hear theyre aiming for sept 29 thru 0ct 2, but as i said, not confirmed yet.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
You are completely right Petey...it will be 30 Sept - 2 Oct, which is the Labour day weekend here in Adelaide. We are working on setting some things in concrete soon-ish... but pls understand that as soon as it is set, it most certainly will be made known on here for all you lovely HoPpers!
hug

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
*bump*

I was thinking if anyone else is going to be selling things at common ground and wanted to advertise the fact, here would be a good place to do it. I might put up a couple of pics at a later stage of some of my wares and thought other people might want to do the same.

And people who might be interested in buying can have a preview of what will be avaliable... so they know how much cash to bring wink

or something.

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Hey Foxy, that's a great idea... maybe I will get some pics of my cushions to put up???? Mmmmm... and then maybe I can put up the T-Shirt design too so ppl can give betterer feedback on it. biggrin

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

biggrin sounds good!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*bump* sooooo what ever happened to those pictures of stuff with the things

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Well, the shirt design has been placed on hold... We may only be having ones for crew... but am thinking of doing up some iron on transfers for ppl to purchase so then they can put them on whatever they like... bags, pants, thier own shirt etc! Will post pics of one of my cushions in my gallery, will chase Sarah for pics of her stuff too...

There will be other things for sale, I think Claire was going to be doing her beanies and head things, there may be some head scarfies from Gnor - but I have to check with her re that.

Will be doing badges soon for ppl too.

biggrin

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
*blows raspberry* i'll have to make some stuff before i can take pictures of it. but i have my room all set up now, and i've got two days off tomorrow and the next day, so i should be able to get some work done. biggrin

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
CG site will be going online...soon.

FoxInDocs there will be a spot for you to put your pictures of wares and prices.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
too bad this shirt caption thing things already taken... (the black shirt)
https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=all&page=1
for gods sake, I'm still waiting for someone to show me how to do those 'cute little clickies'.... Looooooouuu!

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
That's awesome mr josh! i have started making a few things now, and i have the next seven days relatively free as i'm working nights and have the weekend off, so hopefully i'll get most of my stuff done!

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
hmm, double post... too bad...

ok, so no poi as yet but you can have a look at some clutch purses and a handbag here.

umm, I haven't decided on definate pricing as yet, so watch this space for updates.

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
indeedy rhys they are *nods*
here's a pic of a bunch of last year's name badges
-they're proper plastic covered 2 inch pinback badges.. so excellent for sticking anywhere biggrin

will be getting preferences for badges soon smile
also planning on making Common Ground 2006 logo badges which will most likely be sold along with some of miss sarah's creations.. so it's all bouncy excitement at this end! bounce

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I've just been to UberEurope where they had a variety of badges. Not for sale, just for ID. A basic black UberEurope one with logo that doubled as ID during the Festival (who's registered and not without yucky wristbands)

Then different colours with 'UberHelper' 'UberTeacher' 'UberOrganiser'. They were good cos they were a simple way of indentifying people who could assist you, without someone having to wear the same t shirt all weekend. They also had yellow t shirts for the teachers to wear in workshops.

I got the *thank you* one that says UberCool too wink (for doing the toons I think...) so I got the whole set apart from UberAfter (for people that helped clean up and came to the after party... we were too mashed to find the badge bag by then!

They had Tshirts too but didnt sell as many as expected...a common phenomenon... Sizing is a tricky thing and how many girl ones/boy ones to order. They ended up having a *how-to-creatively-cut-and/or-wrap-big- Tshirts-so-they-look good-on-styley-girls* session to encourage people to buy.

The other extreme is to not ordering anything like enough and totally sell out immediately like the EJC peeps (and then having people disappointed)

Iron on or sew on patches is a great idea cos it gets around that.

For memorabilia, I am as likely to buy a mug as a t-shirt... get more use out of it and one size fits all...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
thanks gabe.. very awesome ideas! *thumbs up*

very interested in the wristband vs badge vs lanyard type ideas for registration..

seeing what we can come up with smile

*nudges jean* what do you say, miss? juggle

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
Hey there... well I am going to be doing up some Iron-on transfers with the CG logo for ppl to purchase and iron onto whatever they want to... bags, pants, shirts, pillow covers, etc etc. There will be a dark and light fabric option available.
I would think that we will be having passes like last year for registration...which we could possibly have a laynard for.... but the badge idea is a good one also.
Should tee up another time for us to get together and suss out what we will be doing and then delgate tasks out.

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I remember in relation to Play last year, people were talking about those wristabands like the "make poverty history" ones and the like for festivals. so when people compare bands and what festivals they've been to, people can say "common ground? wow! that sounds cool - never heard of it!" and you sound all cool and in the know tongue

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Don't lanyards get in the way when spinning things?? *pictures high speed whirling*

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
sounds excellent jean.. everything's so manic around here hey.. catch up with you soon hun hug

yeah they did gabe.. which is why badges or bands sound cool.. *nods*

and totally. although no wasabi peas, hey? wink

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
yeah they are crap ID. People eat them... some people anyway... biggrin

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
*giggles*

i had to read that twice to know what you meant rolleyes

like eating lanyards is a common thing or something..

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
I love the idea of making badges, i've wanted a badge machine since i was little. Well, that could have been last week but it was a looong time ago smile

PM me if you want any graphic work doing,

matt

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Badge(r) Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)Badge(r)

*sigh*

Wonder if I batt my eyelashes if I could have a badge sent home with Jed.... wink wink wink and maybe my hat and Mojojos glasses...please

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i have a shirt of yours to, i ment to send it over with lou but some stuff happened which where quite quickly followed by some things and hey look a zebra *runs away*

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hang on, Doesn't CG already have ID badges.. with piccies on them and all??

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
a shirt.....*blink*

Its the hat I want mostly...and I do have a badge (r) already I guess.

Is it the Truth?

Page: