Forums > Social Discussion > Steroetypical Twirlers and closemindedness of the community

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Another thread made me think about starting this topic:

Last week we were discussing people taking photos and how it may reflect if they are taking photos on one "type" or twirler and how it may reflect badly on the community (Goths seemed to be the main target in of this discussion).

I always believed that the fire community was open and accepting of all types of people, not just one certain set, but lately after seeing not just one the other board but also a couple of discussion so n here, maybe twirlers aren't as open minded as they might like to think they are.

On the outside generally most groups tend to be very open and accepting but when presented with someone that may be out of the norm to what they would normally be around they get very tetchy and closeminded.

Emos were the target in one such thread on this board which is the one that got me thinking about it.

Why is it that some people no matter who you are or what group you are in tend to judge people just because they, dress, act or sound differently to you.

Just because one person is an "emo"/"goth"/"hippy" or whatever other tag you want to label them with how do you know that they are not nice people?

I was a goth once upon a time and I find most goths are quite nice (most are really shy actually) if you just give them the time of day. I don't know what my label would be now, but I try to think of myself as open minded enough to at least give someone a chance without judging them on their appearance, what they wear, their hiarstyle or hair colour.

So are we becoming a very close minded group and if so why? Why are we laughing at certain groups within society today? Why are we classifying certain groups as less worthy of our attention than others?

Don't know if I have worded this all that well but I hope people get my drift...

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Psycho_lemming

...runs in.... hug hug hug... love you.... runs out

offtopic

xxx

awww Lemming, Lurve is never offtopic
wink

fluffubblovefluffubblovefluff wheeeeeeeeeeeee fluffubblovefluffubblovefluff
(and other typical Brisbane fluffy stuff)

(and to think Brisvegas started life as a sadistic penal colony...)

*fangs off to find Dentrassi in some mosque kirk or sacred grotto*

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
wait for mmeeeeee

my frock is caught in the spokes

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Page: