Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
unfortunately the weather is so unpredictable here that you can't get away with it, if I remember correctly it pissed it down for an hour or two on the friday of the last PLAY, everyone went and hid in the tents, but then it was sunny for the rest of it.... smile can't wait for it all this year

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Camping under tarps ubblol PLAY isn't in sunny Brisvegas you know! rolleyes Remember all those things you heard about the weather in the uk....well they're all true! ubblol

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hang on a bit! by *Camping under tarps* I mean that you put up a big tarp OVER the top of the tent/s to keep the weather off.. the rain as well as sun...

*wags finger and double rolleyes* at being dissed for weather knowledge. Chappooties, this memsahib lived in UK for 15 years and I say you know NUFFINK bout camping in weather till you've tented through a three day subtropical thunderstorm!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

*wags finger and double rolleyes* at being dissed for weather knowledge. Chappooties, this memsahib lived in UK for 15 years and I say you know NUFFINK bout camping in weather till you tented through in a three day subtropical thunderstorm!!

At least it was warm! wink tongue

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
*wonders if its a bit excessive to come to this one as well...*

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
never wonder dude.......

complete waste of time that thinking about milarky smile

Just do it instead biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon Shaolin

eek DUDE!!

It's the best thing ever, you think Falmouth is cool, well PLAY this is what we made to take it to the next level wink

And this years will be awesome!!

If you don't come I'll be very very unimpressed young man spank tongue

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

its compulsory to come to play if you are a spinner tongue

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon Shaolin

dave my little bunny beast, after the next 2 weeks youll be crawling to play trying to get your next fix of hoppers holidays

if all goes well with our bus next week, i vote we do the same for play...

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
PLAY is surely the highlight of the summer....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

bounce

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Play was the best weekend of last year! It's the one thing NOT to miss

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
And when pink...? says "of last year" she means of time so far.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

eek DUDE!!

It's the best thing ever, you think Falmouth is cool, well PLAY this is what we made to take it to the next level wink

And this years will be awesome!!

If you don't come I'll be very very unimpressed young man spank tongue

You're not at all biased about this are you Dunc? ubblol
And how unimpressed you I make to make you to get that treatment?

Jen: 'Bunny Beast'..........?

I will take all the comments under great considerat.. yeah why not (time off work? SHUT UP! I QUIT!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon

You're not at all biased about this are you Dunc?

Oh no, not at all ubbangel doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth tho wink

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
#still wants to go to PLAY#

on the plus side, i should actually be a good juggler by next years one!
i'll be spinning on a beach (or on top of our house) in mexico. wishing i was back in the homelands

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hi all wave
i was just at the official site trying to log on but i'm having problems so I'll make my proposal here instead.
there's a few heads in Galway after starting up a juggly/theatrical/entertainment type buzz and at the moment we're working with a wonderful women, our much loved director, Claire, on a four scene long piece of circus-theatre called..."pLaY"... ubblol...you can see where I'm going with this, can't you!
Even the name says it all- "pLaY at PlaY" heart
The piece is about the phenomenon of play itself as well...itself. All will be revealed, please send me a P.M. to help spin the wheel, in any case, I for one will be seeing you all in spinning in situ ubbrollsmile

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
pm on the way ubbrollsmile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hey guys

Quick quesion

Air Travel -

Manchester International Airport, 1½ hours away.

Birmingham international Airport is also 1½ hours away.

Is there much of a difference here? Fairs to both are fairly cheap at the moment...

PS Whooo Hooooo Flip!!!! bounce2

Love is the law.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yey Ado is coming! bounce

If you're using public transport when you arrive The train from Birmingham will get you there much easier and quicker than from Manchester. You just go from Birmingham International Trainstation to Birmingham Station and if you're lucky you can get a direct train to the play bus collection point smile (which is TBC but probably Telford or Wellington Train Station)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
clap WHOOT WHOOT bounce2 ubbrollsmile TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE EVERYONE!!!

FOLLOW THIS LINK to the play shop and book them quick. We're limited by the license this year so there is the potential that we'll sell out. If we do we cannot release any more tickets so get in there while the iron is hot and the price is low smile

You can pay with credit/debit card, by cheque, postal order or by direct bank transfer smile

Can't wait to see you all there hug

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
bounce2 bounce clap beerchug hug biggrin wow thankx sunny grouphug heart

Yay! I can start to sleep again! wink biggrin

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I was so excited I made two orders, but only paid once.
So if someone coudl append that, it'd be great. smile

I suppose I should put the request for the time off now... so that they cant refuse! ubblol

Roll on Play.
It should be in everyones toiletries biggrin

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

*wanders off to try to find his chequebook*

smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Joh-on!! Trust our first sale to be wronged by you! rolleyes S'ok it won't be a problem mate smile

Oh yes I forgot to thank Sym for this, he's spent most nights awakel, being force fed coffee, pro plus and those lucozade sweets to keep him going. I had to send Jo in for profesional releif just to keep him on top of things wink

Thanks for the hard work Sym hug have a night off then go sort the toilets out tongue

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I too would like to big up the Sym. kiss
hug

You are a top notch bloke and I thank you.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys smile

Jon, did you actually press "place my order" twice? And do you have 2 emails with 2 different ticket numbers? confused I can only see one order for you at the moment...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ive got the noscript plug in installed, and when I clicked on the place order button, it didnt do anything. So I allowed scripts for www.play.co.uk, and pressed "submit" (or whatever) forgetting that the page would reload anyway.

THats the way I reckon it happened anyway.

I remember paypal saying "Order for Ucof #2"
But could #1 be from last years? confused

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
the 2 means you're the 2nd person to make an order, it's our order number not yours...

I'm interested as to why it didn't do anything...there is no javascript or java used in the shopping cart at all...

Anyway, you only have 1 order and 1 ticket...you could buy more though.... wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Why would I need to do that?
Are you saying im fat? wink

Page: ......