poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Please someone assure me that I am not the only one on this site that appreciates The Clash and was a little saddened by the passing of Joe Strummer on the 23rd. For all of you who have never heard of the Clash please apologize and then go to the record store and rectify this situation.You don't know what you are missing out on.In short one of the most creative,politically charged,and productive bands of all time.What they achieved in 5 years takes most bands five times as long to.Someone let me know I'm not the only one with appreciation for a truly great band.

Frazzlemember
105 posts

Posted:
I was gutted to hear the sad news of Joe Strummer`s death.I grew up listening to the Clash as my older brother is a massive fan and plays in an appreciation band called Take The 5th. He will be fondly remembered not only for his musical talents but also for his passionate political views and for portraying the true meaning of punk rock.RIP Joe XXX

Happiness is a journey,not a destination

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
You are not the only one. The Clash provided some joyously irreverant noisy fun. He will be missed.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I was really sad when I heard. They were going to mount a reunion tour this next year and also be inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame.

It hit me almost as hard as when Joey Ramone died, and then all the rest of the Ramones started dropping off.

But as they say, The Clash was the only band that ever matterd.....

Jesus helps me trick people.

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
uh huh it was really sad my friend ben didnt belive me when i told him,i had to drag him infront of the news. we both grew up on the clash and the cure.

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear