Page: ...
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i'm currently on sabbatical ubblol and working forjonathankay as tour producer

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

Well yeah, got to plan.
More than that, hippies have to plan wink

They need 3 months notice just to buy milk - the only thing they can do at short notice is skin up....

ubblol

honestly i only just got milk today, i did plan on getting it last week but the cruncy nuts were still as good without it ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

thats the footage i have dude, it was my camera up there, ive not copied it to anyone yet ........

really? umm

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Heh Bluey - Hw you doing mate?
Im in NZ now
Respect to working with Jonathan Kay
Is that fun? Do you get to see his shows?
Hope youre having fun
Love to you and the missus - let me know how you doing. Ill give youre love to Gabe when I see her
Peas out
Strugz - Renegade mate?? Can you send to Gabes PLEASE

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Bluecat: Oooh, lucky you!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Dare I ask how the DVD is going wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Come on now William- we do make allowances for you, but all you have to do is just a teeeeny weeeny bit of reading...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PyroWill

Dare I ask how the DVD is going wink

i reckon it'll be finished on a wednesday... wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

me too ubbangel

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmmmmm, Wednesday's no good for me, how about Tuesday?

Strugz - found out the problem... My second hard drive is NTFS which doesn't support file sizes over 4gb... And the best part is my primary only has 3gb free when I need 7 just to squeeze the footage on biggrin

D'oh....

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Dude - i need to talk with your about some of the footage too....... i think when ripped / copied to you, its missing certain frames of the fireshow (jam n solar).........only.

mmmmm, anyhow lets not leave our problems on here wink

Chat to you thursday - in belfast at pub / clares biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireNix

Strugz - Renegade mate?? Can you send to Gabes PLEASE

OK so I have PM'd Strugz with my address so he doesn;t go too intuitive on that one... wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
just buy a new computer durbal...

working with JK is amusing. he talks a LOT. but fortunately is not in the office very much ubblol neither am i today, working from home, so clearly i'm on HOP in a dressing gown eek

I reckon he'd be wicked at play, actually.... (makes mental note to prod dunc)

i'll prod strugz for you, rob... or at least i'll go round and make a copy ubblol

off to write a massive grant app. wish me luck..

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Er... no tongue

Could just delete the 150gb of raw footage from old videos which might be easier wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Or back them up perhaps? tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeah... s'pose could just move them onto the other hard drive...

There's no way to re-format a hard-drive from NTFS to FAT32 without losing all the data on there is there?
This is just me being lazy, we have a netdisk with 180gb free...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Nope........

defetes the object of the term "format"

ubblol

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
S'what I thought...
Ah well, a fun day of data transfer ahead of me then...
Although I won't bother as it's the above stuff that needs moving so will await further instruction from you.

Aside from this, I've nearly finished my bit wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
umm Yes there is, Symantec Norton Partition Magic does it very well.

Are you sure you're not talking about going from FAT32 to NTFS? I only ask because NTFS supports file sizes up to 16TiB - thats 16,384 Gigabytes. I doubt that all the footage from play comes to that much smile

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
ah, might've got it the wrong way round in my little head... Is it FAT32 that doesn't like 4gb+ files?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Yep smile

If you have data on the drive that you *cannot* loose at all, then you should back it up, but I have a lot of faith in partition magic. I've even used it on a windows partation before and taken the whole system from FAT32 to NTFS without any data loss. It took about 30 minutes.

Anyway, it can be done, but any act involving moving data on mass isn't 100% safe.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
true true...
Will have a look at the this 'ere "Partition Magic" (which rings a bell now you mention it) then.
I have no idea why my second drive is FAT32 anyway, it just arrived that way and has never been an issue...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I have about 200gb free disk space at the moment, and another 160gb turning up in the next day or two - let me know if you need to borrow a drive (1 in firewire, the other is ide). for backing up.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
You can kinda convert FAT to NTFS without losing data. I did it a few months ago, I just can't recall how exactly. But Google knows. However my drive did self destruct a couple of months later so I'm not sure how safe the process is!

Also, whomever's doing the DVD or keeping the archive or whatever I gave Mech all my photos but I don't know if he had all my photos from the fire thing which I can send to anyone who wants them for Play purposes.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
fat32 to ntfs convesion under winXP is very fast (under20 min on most machines/drives I've had to do it on), and quite safe as long as the process is allowed to complete (no power cuts etc).

CONVERT c: /FS:NTFS

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
mmmkay - and the above is 100% safe (barring power cuts and earthquakes etc)?

Only I've got my entire music collection on there (lovingly ripped from over 250 CD's plus downloads), all video downloads and lots of other stuff besides and I would cry like a baby if I lost it all

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
my little CMD menu says it converts FAT to NTFS - does this include FAT32?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
yeah any fat type to ntfs, ok, to be extra safe you should run a scandisk with autofix on the partition first, it's been a while so I've forgotten if convert does that automatically for you.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
thank you kindly

Bugger, now I'll need another excuse for not getting it done wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

Bugger, now I'll need another excuse for not getting it done wink

You suck?

:slap:

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Page: ...