AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
hey did anyone do anything, sorry i havent had time to check for other posts yet but tell us if you did!!
hey we had plenty of fun!
be back later.
A

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well...I didn't...buy...anything.

Not that I'm some huge social activist. I just don't believe in shopping the day after Thanksgiving because the crowds are terrible and there's nothing that I really needed to buy. I can assure you that if it came down to a choice between getting stranded somewhere and buying gas, I'd buy the gas.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

445 posts

Posted:
it was on sat 30th
we were in gap (revelant to lower post) and were in gap clothes posing as models in the window and holding a large sign in gap font/ colour saying 'crap'
then we went on to tesco to but nestle products spelling words out in the recipts. (all to be returned in the near future)
plenty of good fun and all.
if you want to have a look at the uk site try BuyNothingDay UK or adbusters for the us stuff, and they have links from there for other places.
have fun anyway.
and sorry if this is a few days late, i was online and thought of you!
well nice to see you all!

[ 03. December 2002, 03:00: Message edited by: ajtag ]

Enjoy - A

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Intersting, adbusters site shows Buy Nothing Day as Fri the 29th. Maybe it's different in other countries...
In the U.S., that Fri is the day after Thanksgiving, and it's a HUGE shopping day. I didn't know that it was BND until later, but in fact i didn't even leave my house. If i had known, i would've avoided any purchase.
The one thing with BND is that it would a lot more effective if more people knew about it. In other years, i send emails to the companies i would have bought from, letting them know that BND exsists, and that i participate...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Is there any reason that the day after Thanksgiving is such a big shopping day? Can't figure it out.

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I bought of a bottle of orange juice....doh!

Om Namah Sivaya

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Maybe I woulda heard about it if they had advertised better

445 posts

Posted:
buy nothing day is on different days around the world mostly (i think) as the habits of shoppers change, in the uk the day after thanksgiving isnt big shopping so we dont have it then but thats the day (i think) it is on in the us. and i will try to send info next time around, and hopefully there will be more ads to but nothing but i think it is hard as the advertisers dont like them... amyway there will be a website up very soon from a group called my dads strip club who were doing the gap thing and they have documentation but it isnt up yet, i will post the address in a few days when it is.

Enjoy - A