Page:
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Monkey and I were sitting on our boat, discussing this question briefly over a cup of tea:

Would you rather be forced to live in a zoo on an alien planet as a human, or would you rather be forced to live in jail?

I think I would much rather prefer to be in a zoo, as i would be there not as a punishment, and there would probably be more facilities to play with (tire tied to a rope tied to a tree perhaps? biggrin ).
In jail, although you are looked after, you are in there to be punished, so its not going to be particularly pleasant is it?

Which brings me to the question, what would you prefer to live in?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
The zoo, because if you think about it, zoological societies try to give the animals in there as much as they can to mimic their surroundings in the natural habitat so they are most happy.

So if I was in a zoo, there would just be a computer with the internet, a tv and dvd player and a lot of booze, fantastic!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
ooooh.....

Almost definately a zoo, as you can pick your nose and people will goooo euuugggh yet watch anyway...same with bum scratchin....
EDITED_BY: Asena (1136772288)

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Zoo. But it depends. I'd rather live in a prison than an Eastern European Zoo. I vivited one and I nearly cried (no exaggeration! and I was there on a date as well! yep! we lasted past that date! rolleyes)

Therefore if this alien planet has quality zoos like the Melbourne Zoo or Taronga (Sydney) then yes. Zoo.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Asena really spank excl

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
lol, it depends if the zoo has a mating program............ :P ubbloco

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
It depends greatly on the type of prison and the type of zoo!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Hows about an average prison and an average zoo?

umm

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

Asena really spank excl

redface sowwy

Plus i spose in a zoo, staff are there to care for you (ie like monkey world where everyone seems to love the monkeys) but in a prison, you can hardly say the guards care for you, they just there to control you...

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
sowwy? yet no effort made to edit your post? ok. I'm sure the majority of this site knows your gay by now so I dont see the need to stick a gay reference into almost every post, especially a reasonably crude one that isnt exactly subtle, sorry its late and im grouchy.

I wonder if my zoo would just look liek my bedroom but have double sided mirrors or something

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Sorry for the offtopic Back to the zoo

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
redface after the lil moan i editted it... and it wasnt subtle enough to miss and was very crude lol

I dont think i stick references in everypost tho.... or maybe I do unintentially and am too simple to realise ubblol

oops... offtopic

I spose in a zoo tho you get strangers oggling you... where as in a prison, its friends and family who come to visit, tho i guess in zoo you live with your friends and family.......

sooo many pros and cons!
EDITED_BY: Asena (1136773762)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"would Simian be considered monkey or man by the aliens?"

Good question and one I would like to pick up.

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Zoo! Zoo! Then you get to throw poo at tourists...

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
It would depend on what sentence you had and how long you would be in prison. If it's a short sentence (under 10 years) I'll take prison.

Being in a Zoo tends to be for life and although as many have said in a Zoo they do tend (in better ones anyway) to try and make the inmates happy, it's still a prison. You have your liberty taken away in either a zoo or a prison, so I'll opt for the one that you stand a chance of getting out of alive.

I probably wouldn't survive either very long though, due to my huge fear of being locked in. I flip out when I feel trapped. In a Zoo they would probably shoot me for going crazy. In a british prison they are not very likely to shoot me if I lost the plot. ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Right, in an attempt to get this back on track as a 'discussion' I'll post!

I've spent the past few weeks with a group of people who have already made this choice - zoo or prision - and there's not much difference between them really!

There are a group of people called the Karenni who are native to the area now referred to as Burma/Myanmar, however they'll tell you they come from thier own land: Karenni or Kayah State. Due to the disgusting actions of the ruling military junta in Burma they are living as refugees in Thailand and some have been there since 1988. Almost all of them are forced to live in massive refugee camps which might as well be big prisions. They're not allowed to travel outside the camp, except semi-legally in order to work in the fields for $1 a day. Thier schooling is basic, thier food is basic and supplied by a charity as they can't work or go into the local town to shop.

However some of the Karenni turn out to have a traditional culture that is a tourist commodity. So the members of this sub group, the Kayan, are given the choice of living in the camp, or living in a seperate village where tourists will pay to visit them and take photos. The advantage is that this actually allows them contact with the outside world and a chance to earn an income, shared with the Thai 'zoo keepers'. They're still limited in travel, cannot farm any land, cannot get jobs, but as they're not in prision they can at least begin to do these things ilegally.

These villages are often described as 'human zoos' and I really see why when I stay there. Hordes of tourists descend upon the village to take photos and buy trinkets, throwing daily life such as school and cooking to to turmoil. Many hate this routine but the other choice is indeed a prison, but without the uniform.

The advantage of a zoo is that you can get contact with the outside world. For the Kayan they might as well be on an alien planet for the people that visit them live a life that's unimaginable to them. A life involving supermarkets, the ability to travel, electricity, a vote. The zoo's visitors can at least be a conduit to this greater world and provide some alternative stimulation and provide a bit more scope to develop an identity in relation to other people and, for them, the chance to earn a little money.

So, I guess it depends how nice the prision or the zoo are, but I think I'd go for the zoo. At least you can have something to look back at.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I think I'd prefer a zoo, a lot less chance of getting stabbed by some hairy arsed bench pressing gorilla, although if it was [url=https://www.porridge.org.uk/]HERE[/url and we were in 1973 I'd probably go to prison biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
What would i be in prison for? If it was for a worthwhile cause, for example destroying every mcdonalds, then i'd be willing to do the time for my crime.
The zoo sounds ok, but I'm a little worried about my zookeepers. Would they be scary?
Plus i'd hate the thought of little people/alien children staring at me all the time and poking me, I'd get very angry.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Thanks for that Dom hug

I admit to visiting the Karen tribes when in Thailand a couple of years ago.
It was one of those difficult things to do... you know these people are waiting on money from tourism to live, but at the same time, tourism is such an artificial way to keep a romantic idea alive.

I asked our guide about it. He shrugged and said the alternative to this lifestyle for them is worse. He gave our group an outline of the Karen history and suggested that if we bought things, to make sure it was from a number of different stalls, so everyone got something.

It was all rather sad frown

Getting to the other side smile

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I'd be all for the Zoo.

No work, Food brought to you, do nothing but play all day... How cool would that be?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
The reason I wonder is because some prisons are very nice, you have libraries and computer and workout gyms, and some zoos are very crappy (think of big cats!)

So.... If I'm in a natural habitat zone like at omaha, than zoo. But if its a cage with people on the other side or a comfy prison, prison. And if the prison and zoo both suck.. zoo.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
prison - as i'm not serving as a clown or labrat for my perpetrators! censored 'em!

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ide much rather be in a zoo than a prison because ive no desire (beleive it or not) to have 'propertie of Bubba' tatoo'd on my bum with a red hot biro pen.

On a lighter note, if ?I was in an alien zoo I would get to see aliens! woohoo *imagines its just like starwars, then dances for a pork chop*

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i'd live in a zoo, because in prison you have to do unmentionable favours just to keep your bed...............not the asena would complane hahahaubblol tongue

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
I'd go for prison so I won't get stared at by alien children.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
share the cell?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
i'd go for the zoo so i could defecate and throw it at kids

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ive just had a thought, anyone of us hoppers coud be obducted by aliens one day and go around the galexy to perfrom fire poi to aliens, if they gave me fire poi in the zoo I might gret bought by an alien circus and become a celebrity in space lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
i'd choose a zoo, because in prison, its all high security, but in a zoo, it would probably be easier to escape. dig a tunnel or something. but then i don't like the idea of being watched the whole time. maybe if i were in a zoo with lots of cool people that would be fun. untill we get sick of each other... but that could be the same with prison...

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Theo_

i'd choose a zoo, because in prison, its all high security, but in a zoo, it would probably be easier to escape. dig a tunnel or something. but then i don't like the idea of being watched the whole time. maybe if i were in a zoo with lots of cool people that would be fun. untill we get sick of each other... but that could be the same with prison...

Sounds a lot like Big Brother... Only somebody would be watching...

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
haha yeah, i wounder what aliens would be like at keeping people in a zoo. i bet they'd use violence, like in some crappy earth zoos.

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

Page: