AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
Can you isolate a propeller??
I think so ...but I'm not sure about...

I try to explain this move... we can start from one poi in wibbling and instead of hitting the poi body we hit the poi head in the bottom ...
in this way the poi body continue its turn but the head appear isolated...

I have tryed this out more times and finally I have found that this move can be done without hitting the poi end but rolling it on the hand in a contact isolation like way...

what do you think about?? weavesmiley

Acciaio devil

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Proppeler is isolated itself.

:E <- ? smile

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i agree with richee, if it wasnt isolated it wouldnt work... not that my properllors work..

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ditto Propellors are isolated by nature, it's just a small isolation. To make the isolation bigger I have three words for you

Heavier longer Poi smile

[Old link]

Let's relight this forum ubblove

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
Ok... I'm sorry... how can I call this kind of move??

I make this mistake 'cause I usually call isolated throws when I throw my poi and their heads appear immovable and only the poi body turn around...isn't true?

Moreover what do you think about??

Thanx

Acciaio devil

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Maybie if you could put up a video of you doing it we could suggest some ideas, its kind of difficult to suggest names to a move that you havnt seen.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
acciaio - you can call anything isolated that involves the poi spinning around a point at any point between the head and the handle of the poi. if its spinning around teh handle its not isolated, if its spinning around the head its fully isolated. so throws where the heads appear imovable are fully isolated throws. hope this answers your question. ^^

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
It sounds like you're doing propellors Accacio, but because (in theory) you can't do propellors without isolating them nobody ever calls them isolated Propellors smile

I have some sweet propellor footage for my christmas vid but my stoopid pooter won't let me rip the tape frown

Spontaneously CombustableThe cuter FRD
214 posts

Posted:
All is explained in one post.....

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
... except wrong. :P

this guy is most likely talking about relative isolation of a meteor, not poi uni-directional handle isolation. i guess he thinks you mean "propellor" to refer to all contact meteor.

like if your wrap points are off center, it ends up isolating one end relative to the normal handling point and anti-isolating the other end. if you do this and turn into the wrap, you can get all kinds of handle switching effects, over the neck matrix stuff, anything really that you can do with a thru wrap and a release, only back to back to back infinitely. this is the opposite of anything you'd refer to as a "propellor" or "rotor" tho, as it puts a big bend in the middle and sends the heads around at different speeds.

i tried bringing it up the other day in the "other toys" meteor threads, but i think that forum is mostly for jugglers now. smile see how long you can wrap bicep and forarm to bicep and forarm with your hands together. now btb. ubbrollsmile

i guess "weighted handle poi" is the new codeword so we can get away with talking about meteor here? wink

-- dut

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Dunc

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
This is how I'm talking about...(sorry for bad quality...but I use a camera..)

https://www.pinkpowa.altervista.org/move1.mov

check out and reply!!

for Dut: I'm not talking about the thigs you said but I'm intrested in! could you link me something or explain in another topic?tnx!

Acciaio devil

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Dunc

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
The link is working...try to copy the link in the address line of your browser...

Let me know if it works tnx!

Acciaio devil

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok, no sorry that's not a propellor nor isolated. It's just a form of contact spinning (ie not "holding" the poi).

If your poi were doing the exact same thing but you were holding the other end it would be fully isolated.
The throw is slightly isolated.

It does still look very nice smile if I can get my camera connecting with my pc sometime this millenia I'll be able to show you what a propellor is and I'm sure you'll love it

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
I'm working on real propellor now weavesmiley (about 14 turns on one hand is the best from 2 days that I'm trying)

But if you can make a vid it can be great thanx!!

This is only something that I do when I haven't balanced handle and so I can't do real propellor...and I can't name this move...
I just think...it's a contact move...the turn is always in the same direction...and I try to call it isolated propellor that's all!!

try it with glow sock poi it look like you have a contact ball isolated in your hands I think it looks great...

tnx Dunc!

Acciaio devil