Forums > Social Chat > Daft punk lyrics assistance.

Login/Join to Participate

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
im not sure of the name of the track, but the first track on homework has 1 line repeated thru it. i have deciphered this to various options the most likely being "the funk back to the [something] come on!". if anyone has any idea whjat the [something] is i'd realy appreciate the help.
thanks a mill

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
its 'the funk back to the punk, come on!' biggrin

I LOVE Daft Punk, though Human After All was a big disappointment.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, Daft Punk are human after all....

biggrin

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
you rock mr chutney, thats been buggin me for months.
i aggree 100% on human after all. they spent 6 weeks making it, it sounds like they spent 6 days on it. 6 short days. with long lunch breaks.:soap: well im off to sing along to homework
The funk back to the punk COME ON!!!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Doc F- biggrin Pleasure

Jon- Yes I know, very clever tongue

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Homework is one of my all time favourite albums.

Saw Soulwax in Birmingham a few weeks a ago and they played some filthy mix of Da Funk at the end of the night that started with that loop.

I've been working on beat juggling Da Funk and the loop (the funk back...) but cant do it without playing the whole album through first AND then again afterwards.

Human After All is ok. Its definitely different. Its not much of a club album. It does have Technologic on it though biggrin

Sorry, I'm just rambling now. Someone said Daft Punk and my mind started to wonder... redface

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I found HAA really monotonous and quite an effort to listen too- most songs I'd get 2/3rds of the way through andknow nothing knew was coming, plus what I'd already heard I didn't really enjoy. Robot Rock is a pretty good track, but its worlds apart from the happy-go-funky materpiece that is Discovery.