Forums > Videos > Mint Sauce and Google Vids. (updated 28:11:05)

Login/Join to Participate

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle juggle juggle Mint's Video Collection juggle juggle juggle

I have found a way of getting my vid’s online in a more permanent capacity.

Using Google Video https://upload.video.google.com

Unfortunately it converts them to flash files so are non downloadable and reduces the quality some what!

(if any one wants to host them in a downloadable format I would be most grateful and will send you full quality copies)

So I'm re doing my vid thread. The file size is a bit big for some of them that’s cos I don’t have a decent divx program to compress them sorry all you dial up peeps frown.

So you will have to wait for them to load first before you can watch them fully.

Manchester Spinners

First of a collection of the Manchester spinners meet up’s

Put together by various people from the meets that started way back in September 2004

Complied by RobNunchucks

The first Meet 15th September 2004: 2 min 16 sec

Another by RobNunchucks

Manchester Meet 3rd December 2004: 2 min 54 sec

Cantus birthday bash on 15th January 2005. I have two vid's from this meet up one by me and one by Will.

First Things First “Wills Vid”: 6 min 8 sec

Cantus birthday “My Vid”: 5 min 33 sec

Some footage of the elusive Cantus

Very rare coverage of him actually spinning taken out of his natural environment (chatting up young girls ubbloco)

The Wonderful Mr Cantus: 2 min 1 sec

Just Me

This is just a short silly film of me failing to be any good at Staff.

How Not To Staff: 1 min 4 sec

This is the first vid I put together of just me way back when I was learning lots of new stuff redface (bit egocentrical I know). All the footage is from one spin and I felt very under pressure redface (you know the whole being on camera thing) biggrin And Pink…? Yes I know there is no hyperloops in there that’s cos I still can’t do them??? ubblove hug

A Bugis Production: 3 min 21 sec

Its 4am I cant sleep its to hot! So what do I do I pick up a pair of well worn tatty old socks and start to swing them round. Yeh ok the lighting is poor the video quality is crap the spinning is dull and repetitive but it is the moment I wanted to capture ubbangel

4am (unfortunately I seem to have misplaced this vid if any one has a copy can you send it to me thanks)

Falmouth Shorts

This is just a little collection of exerts from Falmouth from the footage I took.

There has been no editing or sound track added to these films (I'm far to lazy for that) just sometimes thing all work together to make a cool clip. wink

Custard: 0 min 16 sec

Simian and Mags: 4 min 16 sec

Son of the Devil: 1 min 13 sec

Jemima (jem)’s First vid

Written by: Jemima (jem)

Ok so I have never put together a "Jem" vid (not in three odd years of spinning, so in theory I should be calling this "my first poi vid".

It came about by accident, just having a bit of a spin with Polarity's toys at a Nuneaton meet (froggies garden), and being tired from travelling 5 odd hours from London to Manchester to Colne to Manchester to Nuneaton tee hee biggrin

ubblol

I'd like to thank our little Gothfrogette once again for stealing us from the park and topping us up with tea etc and smiles ubblove

Oh and of course hugs hug

Jem’s Nuneaton Spin: 4 min 28 sec

Teaching stuff

5 beat weave

humm until I just made a vid of myself I have always called this a 4 beat but I realize the error of my ways sorry to all who I have convinced to my way of thinking I was wrong

so This is a small vid of me doing the 5 beat weave. It’s a bit messy but you can see what I'm doing I hope it helps any one who is trying o learn it.

Notice each poi dose 5 beats 2 on one side 3 on the other.

beats of five you say

new new new new

Learning Straight Jackets

This is a short film about my progression so far into learning Straight jackets. biggrin

As you can see I cant do it yet but it shows my slow progression ubbrollsmile

So far as you can see I can do most of the individual parts but not all together as yet rolleyes.

I can get the straight jacket real motion going for a few rotations. Until I start to hit myself (ouch) redface

Learning Straight Jackets

hug hug

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Wooooooah.
bounce

Nice work!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I'd offer minty as I'm hosting some of your stuff already - but the server rejects any uploaded file that is over 7mb, but I'll host smaller files (around 5mb) if u like!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
the only one small enough is Custard at 4.25mb smile
the rest are all huge with one of the man ones is 82.2mb frown

cos I don’t have a divx converter sorry thanks for the offer hon smile

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
excellent tobi!

i have the 4am vid.... u still want it sending? what should i do if you do, you send it.com?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
That would be great hon thanks

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
on its way to your e-mail smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
thanks

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Lovely memories Tobi - thanx ubblove hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
new vid added look up for full decription

beats of five you say
biggrin

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
This is a short film about my progression so far into learning Straight jackets. biggrin
As you can see I cant do it yet but it shows my slow progression ubbrollsmile

So far as you can see I can do most of the individual parts but not all together as yet rolleyes.

What I am trying to do is get into it from a negative space move taken from [Old link] at 00:52

but trying to keep it spinning in the same direction smile
so I was trying to pull into it from weave. I can get this far but cant keep it spinning yet
and I can get the straight jacket real motion going for a few rotations. Until I start to hit myself (ouch) redface

I'm slowly getting there give me a few more days and I think I might just get it yeyyyyyyyy biggrin

You send it link first until it gets uploaded to Google video wink
https://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WUJDONRJQSR73IQK57OAIKTD7

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
weird. I used to think that straight jackets were an order of magnitude more pointless than 7+ beat weaves, but now I see that you can spin while standing there with your arms crossed looking like a gangsta. So therefore it's gotta be a pretty cool move.

Next time, try to minimise the body movement, and look pimp and pout a lot and look mean. biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

JohnVentureBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
"Thanks for your interest in Google Video.

Currently, the playback feature of Google Video isn't available in your country.

We hope to make this feature available more widely in the future, and we really appreciate your patience."

AREEEEEEEEEEEEEW !!!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I know they are pointless but someone said I couldn’t do them so I'm trying to prove them are wrong ubbrollsmile ubblol

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ok i saw the Son of the Devil vid now smile

Makes me look quite good. Aside from all the ropey zooming by that idiot camera-man you employed
tongue

Meh

minwayBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
There is a way to download off of google video but you need to use Mozilla Firefox to do it.

https://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/archives/2005/11/greased_google.php

Just follow his instructions. Have fun!

boobookittyfudgeGOLD Member
sneaky little kitty
251 posts

Posted:
wow i like the straight jacket move, that is cool.

Question though.. aren't you afraid all the stuff on the shelf will fall down on you while you sleep?

sleep safe! i worry....

you want the truth? you can't handle the truth!

mmmmm...cheesecake

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's alright. He's a nurse. He can fix himself wink

Meh