Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > West Rand, Johannesburg, South Africa... anyone out there?

Login/Join to Participate

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
So, I'll be back in SA on Friday (22 July) and since poi-ing in Amsterdam with LOTS of people was plenty cool, I'd like to start getting together with South Africans (gautengers in particular) on a regular poi basis.

I have a nice big yard with lots of poi space and there's a relaxed vibe, so meeting at my house would be cool, but I'm also keen for other places, just as long as I don't feel like the only person in SA doing poi (like I did for the first 6 months of my poi star existence frown )

With that being said, I'm still learning a lot and I'm not out to prove any points to anyone, I just want to get together, spin some fire and socks and ribbons, and just have fun.

I really hope that the appropriate people read this in the next few weeks because I don't want to spin alone any more.... *sniff*

Colleen

ps: if you live in jhb somewhere, and this message has spoken to you, please send me a private message with your number and I'll get in touch with you - PLEASE LETS JUST SPIN!!!

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
As long as you have a bed/couch/ little piece of floor for me! (Just jokes)

I gotto sort out my UK Visa in Pretoria in the next week or so, so I need to fly up from Cape Town. I'll bring my little bag of toys if there is time to meet up in the evening, or if I actually end up spending the night there. where about in joberg do you stay?

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
hey, I live on the west rand... which is a good 45 min drive from the east rand (airport) and from Pretoria (the convenience of my life is amazing [sic]), but it will be cool if you can make it. I still need to have my first burn, tho... I feel so inexperienced.

I won't be in Joburg next thurs - sunday, but any time before that will be cool.

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Well, I can't help with your life's conviniences, but we can easily sort out that first burn ...

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

Penstranger
16 posts

Posted:
I'll be back in Johannesburg/Randburg, SA from August 10 but I'm still very much a beginner playing with my first set of ribbons but pointers/help/friendship would be great. I've also got a mate who might also want to join in.

Light, Love and Laughter,
Pen

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
that'll be awesome... just give me a shout when you're back smile

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
oh, and by the way... I just taught my best friend (who lives in randburg) how to poi, so I think there'll be a cool bunch of us beginners getting together, which is great because there won't be any attitude coming to spoil the party ....

GruntLaFreaknewbie
6 posts

Posted:
OK, I know this is a REALLY late reply but seeing as I have just joined and seen the thread .......

Just started and also just bought my first Poi .... had a couple of burns but REALLY REALLY REALLY would like to get together with a bunch of people so that I can see how it really should be done wink

Will be at Tempos this Saturday for the beach party (& fire dancers) so if you are in the area and have nothing planned ..... join me !!!!

Did you get your group going? Still a spare spot for a newbie?

BTB looks soooo awesome ...... I just can't seem to get my shoulder sockets disconnected and my arms turned inside out!!!

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Yay! nice to meet you Grant smile I'll have you spinning like a pro in no time wink

MagicStuntsBRONZE Member
stranger and stranger
19 posts

Posted:
A category for fire performance has been added to the S.A. National champs for performing arts. This competition's been around for years and they have categories for just about everything showbiz (exept fire dance, up to now). semi finals start early Feb all over the country leading up to the finals in Rustenburg 19 - 27 April. I'll post more details about prizes, judging and all that as i get to know it. I've got entry forms (info@magicstunts.co.za) or keep an eye on our website https://www.magicstunts.co.za juggle
NOW GO PRACTICE

Got a brand new gallery

snowbeastieSILVER Member
11 posts

Posted:
Would anyone like to actually have lessons in the JHB area? If so let me know . .

Faut souffrir pour être belle