Forums > Social Discussion > LONDON TERRORIST ATTACK- PLEASE CHECK IN IF YOU LIVE/ WORK IN LONDON

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Josie-PosieBRONZE Member
82 posts

Posted:
The passage you quoted Skully has recently been used in an Asian Dub Foundation song on their new album. Having listened to the album after the events of the last few days it seems very apt.

The sad fact is there are people within our communities who do have negative feelings towards people of other colours, origins or religions. These people will use any event they can to "punish" the people they don't like for being "wrong" be it a murder a rape or a terrorist attack. I just hope the vast right-minded majority is strong enough to stand up and say NO, and not just go along with it as it makes life easier not to be singled out.

So there a long-winded way of saying this is a good and apt album and I agree with you about needing to resist what we know to be wrong and be counted.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I do have her number, and whenever i called it went straight to her voicemail.

Thanks for letting me know she's fine Jem! How did you get hold of her?!?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
She has a new number rolleyes

and I emailed her at work biggrin

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey, just got back on internet access so just thought I'd leave a big hug for everyone affected. Luckily my freind was visiting her sister and due back in London later that day so was OK. Thught I'd let you Londoners know that everyone in Glasgow held the 2 minute silence. It was amazing, everyone in the street just stopped. Then when it was ove everyone seemed to know what time it finished, and we all carried on. Not sure if its already been said, but I think its very important for everyone to carry on, and not let it stop their lives, because thats when the terrorists win. I also agree its terrible, and wrong to attack muslims as the the terrorists are not Muslims, they may claim their loyalties lie that way but by commiting the attacks, they go against that religion. It is also worth to note that Muslims were killed in the bombs so it cannot be called a racist attack.

sorry if this repeats anything already written.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i was most impressed with the 2 minutes silence in our town too. although the town was packed it was sooooooo quiet, even the drunk people by the fountain shut up.

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Page: ...