Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
With the G8 sumit meting soon and poverty and trade justice in our daily news i found this quiz to help us evaluate our lives and continue to starting making a diffrence.

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
what happened to the american's post?

ah well, for what its worth, i agreed that the quiz is a bit crap.

but having said that, the information and links given at the end of it are all excellent and are a great source of information for fair trade policies worldwide.

cheers boo smile

cole. x

p.s. don't know if you know boo but g&b's were aquired by cadbury just last month.
i'm not sure what that means for the green and black's fair trade lines but i doubt very much that much will change - the acquisition was probably made in order to combat some of the negative image that cadbury's has built up surrounding the cocoa trade debate...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
yeah. where did it go?

maybe its a government conspiraky?

I also dont get the fact that if i sit in my room with the lights off all day twiddling my thumbs, i still help to:

prop up corrupt regimes

vivesect animals

That, and the fact that they tell you supermarkets are bad, then use Sainsbury's sales data to support one of their claims. huh? umm
EDITED_BY: MiG (1119359887)

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Indeed, good links at the end but it annoys the hell out of me that they give options for not using toothpaste but assume everyone in the world drinks tea and coffee and eats bananas mad

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
and where do you draw the line between personal hygiene and saving the world?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I quit the quiz when they only gave British brands and assumed I drank some variety of coffee each day. I picked fair trade coffee and tea (while I do drink tea each day, the brand I prefer was not listed). I gave up however when the brand of gas I most frequently use wasn't listed.

If they are to explain fair trade policies across the globe at the end, they should at least consider more universal brands or give the option to people not to drink tea or coffee each day (the most popular brands of american coffee were not listed)

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Hmm. Lots of missing options there! If they're going to be so vicious about the choices you have made, why don't they include things like Biodiesel under the petrol options? It's not widely available in the UK yet, but there are garages selling it and I'm currently trying to plan all my long journeys to take advantage of these. A diesel blend with only 5% diesel reduces CO2 emissions by 3% and any diesel car will run on it.

Interestingly, in France ALL diesel is 5% biodiesel. Of course the big fuel companies aren't hugely keen on it (surprise surprise) but even they are starting to see the potential - they're going to have to do something when the oil runs out.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
10 bad karma points for buying fair trade bananas?

silly test. I got 30 in total, of which 10 were for buying fair trade bananas, 10 for owning a second hand car i don't drive (yet) and 10 points for using supermarkets (of course those I do I buy organic/fair trade when I can (ie there's an option and it isn't horrendeously overpriced) and always vegan (no vivisection etc))

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
The American realized he didn't feel like playing.

I'm taking my "don't say anything you don't feel like getting bludgeoned over for days" advice.

I saw it, I had thoughts, but realized that I didn't want them turned into the "So what you're saying is that all..." game.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by:

and where do you draw the line between personal hygiene and saving the world?

There's other brands of toothpaste readily available (in the UK at least) other than those listed. I've used this stuff for the past 6 years