Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Glastonbury X-Fire/Cozmic Flame Shows 24/25/26th June

Login/Join to Participate

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Greetings to all
Having somehow managed to elude JetLag - it is now full power ahead towards Avebury for Solstice and then naturally on to Glastonbury for the Festy.
We are performing 2 shows per day - One in the Circus Big Top (7 mins - high skill, coreography - Poi, Juggling, Double Staff) and the Outdoor Fire Stage (30 mins Comedy Circus Street Theatre show - Bike tricks/Balance, Acro, Fire Poi, Staff, Clubs, Whips - yep all fire).
So have a look out for timings in the programme at those to locations and names and come be entertained.
Otherwise hope to see some of you around!! - Look out for the orange or Red/Black clad Dread Poi/Staff/clubs/whip man!!
Enjoy peeps ubbloco

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Anna-panannaThinking...
179 posts

Posted:
Oooh SO annoyed that I can't go to glasto and I'm not gunna see your fabulous new shows frown Good luck with them though....and hopefully I'll see you around at Avebury tonight!
Take care hug
Ax

Practice as if your hair was on fire...

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
Watch out for that jet lag it has a habit of sneaking up on you when you are not looking.

Best of luck with the shows and hope to see you when you land in Bristol. hug2

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
will look you up - enjoy!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Hey Rob..not going to make it this year...but have a good un & if you're heading up north give me a shout.

M
weavesmiley

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
gutted i can't make it this year man... especially as there's gonne be so much good spinning there! frown good luck with the shows though... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Ravenhillmember
47 posts

Posted:
colour changing wire wool double staffs?

Chill Spanner... lay off the acid man...

They are guides. They are teachers. They are like Yoda, only smaller and on strings.

--Meenik on poi

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I saw that too spanner... I was annoyed that they didnt show the whole thing, cos it looked fantastic biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i was well annoyed as well cos all they showed was fireworks on sticks which whited out the camera and obscured the people. good for moppers but by no means a good representation of the skills that were there... i'd got all excited about that too... rolleyes

so for those who actually performed/watched live, how was it? umm

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
sad to have missed you at both avebury and at glasto frown (thoughb I didn't make it to the latter.............) I'd love to see your show biggrin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Very good. Even if Rob did try and steal my lighter. All the HoP fire shows - X-Fire, Chimera and Te Pooka were great. Photos on way!

Gayle.....!

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Written by: Spanner

Were you doing the shows from the Dance/Fire stage which I watched on BBC2 tonight? I saw 3 or 4 performers spinning what looked like colour changing wire wool double staffs, it was quite a short performance.

Strugz and Brad and Frodo (if I remember correctly) made up some poi that had this effect at Falmouth 2 by putting sparklers in with the wire wool.

"Take that, math!"

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
So is Glastonbury going to be on next year (2006), myself and my boyfriend are going to be in the UK and we REALLY REALLY want to go but I have heard rumours that they are taking a rest next year...*pouts*

Not that it matters cause we will be in the UK for two years but still it would be good to go the first year we are there and the second year!

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
HI peeps or HOPs
No - That was another troupe Cirque Bijou who were on before us on in the BIG top
Are Fire/Dance stage show was alot more comedy/street theatre orientated. Quite unlike Cozmic Flame shows although our Big Top shows were similar.
Thanks to all those Hop-ers who came along - finally got to meet (very briefly Gayle) and.....not too many others - as ususal!! Its quite hard to get motivated to come and spin Fire when youve had to stay straight all day to do a show at midnight!!! - Hopefully i'll see many of you at InFire(next weekend), Guilford(Wknd after), Play, Falmouth or around.
Ill post our schedule when its finalised.
Hope you all ahd a great time - I certainly did.
Have a great summer

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Hi!

Just tapped in to see if anyone saw our show, it seems that we were on telly, is that true ?

Does anyone still have this footage, i'd love to see it!?! biggrin

Axis (Cirque Bijou).
PS. photos on the way Rob! wink