Forums > Social Chat > apologies for repeating possibly?

Login/Join to Participate

boardiesBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
Okay, I honestly honestly honestly honestly have done all sorts of searches and things to find out what the spinning scene is like in London. I have also put my name on the 'meet fellow poisters in your area thingy'. You see I'm moving down to London at the end of the month and would love to join a club or meet up with fellow spinners, to generally have a laugh and make new friends. If anyone has got any pointers or tips on where to go, I'd really appreciate that. As yet, I know noone in London - so it's all a bit daunting. As I said, I have done all sorts of searches and been unable to find any relevent stuff - I know that's me probs being useless, but just thought I'd mention it, 'cos I'm always scared of posting topics now as I always get shouted at for not searching! So I'm sorry if a million people have already asked this question before...... XXX

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

I will bump it too..meet others....

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

smile

Love is the law.

Sir Nuggit....is a liability
899 posts

Posted:
Do a search for Clapham and Spitz.

Which part of London are you blessing with your northern presence? Work/study/change of scenery?

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
That ones better..it has Pink ubblove

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Hi boardies- this is probably something that you'd want to post in Help rather than chat, but its all good, I dare say it'll get moved.

If you're new to London do these things-
Go to [Old link]
Go to [Old link]

You will meet poiple in no time at all, you will have lots of fun and your level will improve very very quickly.

Enjoy yourself- you have no idea how lucky you are- the poiple in london are some of the nicest I've met anywhere. biggrin

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
just to add some randomness I was born in London and occasionally pop back to visit family...hello, now just a short drive down M3 in Southampton.
Have fun.... weavesmiley

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

boardiesBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone for all this information! Really up for meeting up and making friends and spinning, little nervous 'bout it all but I really need to stop being such a wuss! Mr Chutney - thanks for the tips, sorry about posting in the wrong place. Nuggit - not sure where abouts exactly yet - we move out on the 30th (this month!) and so far have no where to live and no job! So if anyone has any tips...... I'm a directionless soul, moving with my girlf for a change of scenery and with the hope of finding some inspiration! B xxx.