Page:
Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Hello boys and girls. bounce

As i'm starting to do more performances with fire I've noticed that I have been getting one or two non-burn injuries. eek

As in, injuries that aren't burns. Easy innit?
Injuries from last weekend are:

bounce2 1>> A BIG Fat Bruise (BFB) on the outside of the first joint (from the nail) of my left index finger. After the last night of Run to the Sun (and 8 fire shows + lots of uv spinnage) it was protruding over 1cm from the side of my finger. It is officially known as the

Buzzsaw Blister

bounce2 2>> A rather nasty looking rash across my chest, which I can only attribute to the (at times) large amount of paraffin that i got on my naked skin during the shows. Buzzsawing too early in a set will do this, as will spinning off a staff without checking the wind sufficiently. (I have had this before: Once fuel leaked into my bag, through my bag, through my trousers and I got a wierd rash then as well.) This one is the

Fuel Rash

Has anyone experienced any of these fire spinnery related maladies? And are there more that I have yet to look forward to?

Much love ubblove and hugs hug

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

NeserGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Worst and most recent injury would be trying to do overhead butterfly (primarily behind head/back) (using fire poi/chains unlit) consistantly without coming back to the front, I had it going for quite a bit, but then I got distracted frown one poi head per chest side. (Right near/on my rib cage, both sides) That would have to be the most painful poi injury I've gotten, (aside from bruises - look worse, but dont feel it), it felt as if I got hit very hard by a punch or something on both sides. It was red for a while, and it seemed pretty fine with minimal bruising afterwards.

With staff, throws: brusing on the nail (felt the pain through my index finger though, made finger twirling difficult), and being called by someone only to have the go for your head.

~ Neser

Fuel your fascination, burn your desire and dance with flames

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
ahh... non burn injuries... i just grazed the inside of my eye lid.... blinking sucks!!! ahhh.... i knew it was only a matter of time before they bit me... ubblol

SickWithWondermember
56 posts

Posted:
i over spun myself, and made my wrist sore for a week if that counts....

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
only been using poi for 4 days and already ive hit myself in the gonads 5 times. It hurts with tennis balls but on my first day i tried going really fast doing butterfly with LED hacky sacks...not a good idea frown

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
i almost knocked myself out last night with my glowsticks, doing a giant butterfly, the poi in my right hand decided to shorten itself on the up swing, and instead of making a nice ark above my head, it swung round at an alarming speed and hit my temple on the left side of my head! it took me a few minutes to be able to stand up and carry on. i guess it probably wouldnt still be hurting if i stopped poking it.

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
i'm gutted, i've been practicing loads lately with my socks, and i took them out with me at the weekend to the krazyhouse, as a result i now have no skin in between my first finger and middle finger, so i cannot use my socks, i have to use my tails with their double finger loops. i find it so much harder to spin properly with them, plus i cant do one handed butterfly, coz its impossible to get my fingers back into the loops whilst still spinning!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Page: