Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > the 17th Bristol Juggling and circus skills convention!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Here you go, the BrJC, and I cant wait - it will be the first thing I do on coming back to England smile what a welcome back biggrin

Hope to see lots of HoPpers there ubbrollsmile

here's the flyer: brizzle!!!!!!

hooray! grouphug

Lx

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
it has been found. and someone has it!!

passing through, this world still lives.

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
who? smile and how do I get it back? I desperatly need a number from it so I can get to school/work tomorrow.

>What do you think about the state of the Earth?
>I'm optimistic.
>So why do you look so sad?
>I'm not sure that my optimism is justified.

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
just got home after very nice chilled last day. id like to say a huge thanks to everyone who was there and made it such a wonderful jugg con as always! looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

much love and hugs, jacob x

Jake the Juggler

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
just got home & suffering serverly from post-festy blues frown....

....but what wikid memories to keep me happy!

I seem to have been too busy playing to take many photos.... anyone got any more?

much love, Hazel xx

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Mmmmm photos are making me all jealous ! Hope everyone had a fabulous time biggrin juggle weavesmiley bounce smile

Mike from faaaar away wave hug

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
yup Mike it was great! especially because you were SO faaaaaar away. hoorah! biggrin

*shoulders droop after pretend glee at your absence*

no you were very missed... in fact I made a point of drinking no sugar in my tea, its just not right without you hon!
Lets see if we can make next year huh? smile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Wish I could have been at the convention frown Tribe of Frog was amazing though, it was really great to see you guys and I got the biggest hugs ever when the first carload of you arrived biggrin I do love you people!

"Take that, math!"

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Stooooooo Jonny UCoF has your phone.

I had a fab time. I have to go to work now and I don't want to. *yawn* I need more sleep biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I have your phone Stu.
Oh wait..skully said that.

umm

Thank you all for such a brilliant time hug

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
Thanks to all those who taught me new hoop tricks, thanks Skully fo feeding me up and for the human Jenga and thanks to all who looked out for this absent minded scatty brained fella. As always it was nice to see you all. hug

>What do you think about the state of the Earth?
>I'm optimistic.
>So why do you look so sad?
>I'm not sure that my optimism is justified.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Come on come on.
What happened after 5:10pm on wednesday?
Did the fireshow rock?
Grease lightning?
Jacob and Sophie?
Did flame Oz Crowd show up?
Who was in the main show?

Whoop whoop
Drew

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
A pox on you all!!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Written by: Glåss

Come on come on.
What happened after 5:10pm on wednesday?
Did the fireshow rock?
Grease lightning?
Jacob and Sophie?
Did flame Oz Crowd show up?
Who was in the main show?

Whoop whoop
Drew

ah Drew, shame you couldn't stay for the shows! yes there was much rockage and huge amounts of cheese in the grease lightning routine! hoorah! (I think someone got some video footage biggrin )
Jacob and Sophie's stuff was stunning as usual ubblove
The Lame Ozzes did turn up and put a couple of their numbers in the main show... what can I say? we were blown away clap
The main show was great as usual, that guy who plays the saw was there again biggrin, Ads performed the impossible, there was some lovely acrobalance and much heckling at the compares biggrin haha...

AND I'm sure she'd just LOVE me advertising this here, but it made me very happy, Roz and I have started work on a wicked sassy/cheesy poi routine wink

much fun was had all-round ubbrollsmile

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Haha, first person I saw walking past my home when I stuck my head out on Sat. morning/midday was Elasta carying two hoops! Thanx for that.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
smile

aaaaaaah.

51 weeks to go.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
my mates were driving back from ikea in bristol yesterday and said they saw loads of cars with pretty hoola hoops in. clap ubbtickled

Jake the Juggler

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
does anyone have my fire staff? i think i left it in dubs car.....

?

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
spank bluecat for winning all the games

much fun had, much fun to be had in 51 weeks. Great to see so many hoppers.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I was in the fire show! But I was a bit [censored]. Oh well, next year I will just drop my staff and shake my booty, then do a cunning bikini costume change. That will KICK ASS!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
meg your show rocked as did the rest of it. even when tim tried to kill all the hippys it was funny ubblol

the show on friday was excellent, i think my favourite bit was the guy blowing smoke into bubbles... mmmm.

my only compliant is that 1 week is too short.

tribe of frog was excellet as usual, had a good stomp about to finsih teh week off smile

am now in a state of deep mong and a slightly achey oli. but biggrin biggrin

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Rob - Dub has your staff in his car

I had a fantastic time!! hug

ToF was amazing, (as per usual) was great seeing Puresock and Sinjax there (and loads of hugs) pity you guys couldn't make the convention.

I love Bristol! kiss

See you all at Nottingham?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

A pox on you all!!

Bah, what're you complaining about?

... you didn't miss Play tongue

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
It's not all cheese and sass - most of it is proper spinning with lotsa lovely laura 'n' ros shaped moves............ yay ubbrollsmile

Grease was very well recieved. It was totally wicked and thoroughly hilarious and cheesier than month-old camembert.
Sophie and Jacob........... *swoon*
Funny children heckling in possibly the most perfect, comedy, oppertune ways throughout the show on Friday - couldn't have been funier if planned!
Flame Oz were dribblingly spectacular as always.
I liked the Gorilla.
Shockingly good diablo bit in the best trick/impromptu renegade during games on Saturday afternoon.
Perfect company.
A small amount of rain.
A little too much Cat Enpire (though could be worse!)
The Martial A.R.S.E Brigade turned most people upside down and set a lot of others off on giggling fits throughout the weekend.

*dribble* oooooooooo it was so unbelievably hard to leave.
I want more.
*sigh*
Roll on next year...................

(and there may be a fiesty female duo on stage - you never know wink )

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"laura 'n' ros shaped"

What.... curvy?

biggrin

oh.. and if anyone has any great pictures of me, or of my friends, can you either post them in your gallery, or email them to me please?
Im getting well into my printing pictures and putting them on walls at the moment. smile

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Jon,

When you come to Bath in November you can have free reign over my photos are burn off any you like to CD so you can put them on your wall.

Gayle.....!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ubblove

Tempé! ubblove Does anyone know how to contact him? I got distracted and forgot to speak to him before I left but I need to for next play smile

Wish I'd been able to see the fire show, wish I'd been able to see more than half of the main show, wish George could have seen any show! It's the only bit of the convention she actually likes! Edan had a good time apart from being far to cold and upset on Friday night, he slept for 5 1/2 hours when he got home which I think is his longest ever since he arrived! All that cooing and adoring and poking and passing around and holding and cuddling must have gotten him all excited and tired out biggrin

And, amazingly, I left with the same two lighters I arrived with!! I'm still in shock.....

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
To think I nearly didn't go eek What a wonderful time, so many lovely people and so much talent. Missed the Fire Show but Friday night was excellent and the games great fun.

I'd like to thank Skully for the loan of her hoop (and if which I am now the proud owner biggrin ) and for inspiring me to practice so much on Friday. However, having counted up the bruises, I'm not sure whether to thank her or curse her :ouch:

Yay to Paul for naked handstands (and Bubbles for the payment.. wink )

Definitely staying for longer next year...

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: oli

even when tim tried to kill all the hippys it was funny ubblol

tried??? I think you mean succeeded, including your good self. I offically give everyone who fort back the award of non hippy statius hence killing at least 5 hippies. Although Ros if you want to keep your non hippy statius your going to have to do better on the hit Sy in the eye test next time.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

Anna-panannaThinking...
179 posts

Posted:
Yey what a fun and happy time I had! Just the right balance of relaxation, juggling, spinning, dancing, chatting, and hot chocolate biggrin

Bring on the 18th Bristol juggling convention woop woop!

Practice as if your hair was on fire...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ubblove that was lush... and amazingly even better than last year, thank you to everyone for being keeping me so thouroghly happy for the entire time i was there.. biggrin

rob, i do indeed still have your staff in my car. i didn't realise until it came to packing it with 4 grown men, 3 tents, much camping crap, about 15 juggling clubs and about the same number of other assorted staff and sticks for the cruise home... i'll bring it up to notts for you...

highlights of the week?

-metal night in the laid back cafe

-the virtual raving and bumming around with the martial arse-ists on thurs

-the spin i had with sam using my 5ft doubles last sunday

-staring at everybody playing and getting lots of ideas

-cider fuelled hippy fighting

-baby inna hat

-tribe of frog

-da rainbow on sunday afternoon just before we left! smile

i can't wait for next year now... especially if those elasticated napalm fairies is gonna dance for us an meg's gonna get in her bikini! eek

bounce

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Page: ...