Page:
pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey there!

I'm now leaving Glasgow, so won't really know whats going on but if anyone wants this thread editing then pm me.

Your best bet is to go to the juggling club, which is most definately still up and running, every wednesday, 7.30 to 9.30. Although it is quiet now, it will pick up and get very busy when all the students get back from the summer.

Glasgow Juggling club information: the website here for directions and times (every Wednesday night).

Every Friday night there is a meet in kelvingrove park by the fountain. It starts about when it gets dark, I think at the moment it's happening around 9.30, but it'll get earlier as it gets into winter.

At the moment occasionally a few of us meet in kelvingrove park on sunny sunday afternoons, but this is quite rare now and very random.

Happy spinning!

[edit-08/09/06]

EDITED_BY: pricklyleaf (1157740214)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

drhannibalSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Came down 2 weeks ago for first time to Glasgow Juggling Club, after phoning the guy in charge, but I couldnt find you guys. The shed thingy was all locked up with not a poi-er in sight. I checked back later on... still locked.
Whats the craic? Do you still meet there on wednesdays?

I did spot a couple of poi in the botanics so maybe you ditched the shed due to sun!

Obi_Wan_LynobiBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Was wondering if peeps still meet in Glasgow Kelvingrove Park?
EDITED_BY: Obi_Wan_Lynobi (1153581439)

I once saved the universe in a big yellow truck

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hi there

Are you sure you came to the right place and time? The juggling club is definately still up and running every wednesday 7.30 to 9.30.

Every Friday night there is a meet in kelvingrove park by the fountain. It starts about when it gets dark, I think at the moment it's happening around 9.30, but it'll get earlier as it gets into winter.

People occasionally meet in kelvingrove park during the day but its just very informal small groups (ie 3 of us) of friends, but everyone would be welcome to meet us.

However, I'm now leaving Glasgow to move to manchester, so I won't be there anymore.

If you have any questions about the juggling club than you can ask me in the immediate future, or some of the other posters on this thread, after August.
EDITED_BY: pricklyleaf (1157739982)

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

jaggypromotionsnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
LOOKING FOR GLASGOW FIRE SPINNER/THROWER

please please help I need a fire spinner for at upcoming gig, my company are looking for jst approx 30mins-1 hour set we are looking for, its on guy fawkes night 5th NOvember in Glasgow Soundhaus, plz email me on jaggy_gigs@hotmail.co.uk or www.myspace.com/jaggypromotions if u can help or know any1 that can,
thankx alot Vicoria

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
bumpety-bump! what's happened to this thread?!?

I was wondering if anyone has a sofa or a bit of floor for me on the night before the SJC (8th Feb)? I'll go and see the Guillemots, and it would be silly to get back to Edinburgh and then come to Glasgow again the next day.

Would be very much appreciated bounce

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
Im going to be in glasgow, from the 9th feb-11th so thurs,friday and saturday. After an university interview, If I can, I will be coming to the kelvingrove park meet if people will be there biggrin

J.A.C.

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Um, you might have more luck coming to the [Old link](in glasgow) if you want to meet people that weekend... wink

Ralph Waldo Emerson

OM_MonkGOLD Member
stranger
8 posts

Posted:
Prickly leaf do you no a woman who goes to the juggling club by the name of Helen Beaumont?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Yes I do, although I live in Manchester these days. Any particular reason?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jen_FireSpiritnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hey everyone!
I was just wondering if there's still fire dancing going on every friday night in the Kelvingrove park?

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Jen_FireSpirit

Hey everyone!
I was just wondering if there's still fire dancing going on every friday night in the Kelvingrove park?

theoretically.... I've not been down for quite some time myself tho redface

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... fridays, sundays and wednesdays... why was i convinced monday was a good night to come up? dah!

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

PirateChrisnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Hey just thought Id make myself known as its looking increasingly likely I will be moving up to glasgow within the near future.

Bassing My Heart Out.

03dbirksBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
right my name is david lol and i would like to know if the thing in kelvingrove park is still on if so can someone give me details i have msn add me ohwowatree@live.co.uk or text 07748152349 cheers

StuartMacleod_monkeyamazing artist
21 posts

Posted:
this thing still going on ?
glasgow spinner looking for group for ages

Page: