Forums > Technical Discussion > putting LED micro-lights inside of whiffle balls

Login/Join to Participate

wandering_monkeynewbie
1 post

Posted:

i saw someone with some micro-lights (RAV'N lights actually) hooked up inside two whiffle balls. any idea how best to connect these, so that the light is stable inside the ball and acheives maximum effect? seems like there must be a trick since the LED housings are bigger than the holes in your average whiffle ball.

thanks

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
It's also simple plastic, you may be able to just split it down the seam and reglue the ball back together once you're done with model glue or epoxy or something

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Whats a whiffle ball? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

PoiToimember
41 posts

Posted:
^^ a little fake golf ball with holes all over it and that's just a shell of plastic.

my idea for that would be to split the ball open, stuff the RAV'N inside, and then at least partially fill the ball with clear sealant. (from a hardware store, just tell them that you need some really flexible and soft clear sealant).. this will help protect the light. I have sort of the same setup and it works awesome!!
Just make sure you place something in the ball and sealant so that you can still squeeze it to turn it on.

i have plans for the RAV'n/photon protectors i made, if you want me to post them i'll write them up, though they are heavy and hurt LOTS when you hit yourself.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
oooo i know what you mean... didnt know that was a technical term! what are they actually for? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
They also have them softball/baseball size

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals