Forums > Social Chat > Practice Poi of Death!!!

Login/Join to Participate

greyedgeSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Yesterday I had duty on the ship. That means I have to spend the night. I took my practice poi set (Two tennis balls with rope running through them). After everyone left, I took them to my office. After about 10 minutes, my boss walks in. He asks what they were for. I didn't want to tell him that it was practice for spinning fire, he would have sent me to medical for a psych evaluation. So, I told him it was a martial arts kata practice tool. He seemed to understand. Then, he grabs my practice pois and starts trying to spin them. He got really close to doing a weave...

eek eek eek

...right before he smacked himself in the nuts really hard. I could tell that he was trying to play it off and that he had really hurt himself. I was able to hold in my laughter until he left the room, then I hurt myself laughing...

"I always knew I was a pyro..."

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Oh dear.....LMAO!!!!
Thats kinda....he...*sigh*
oh well, at least he got close, poi are nasty little things wen it comes to hitting yourself with them...

POI OF DOOOOM!

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
it always brightens my day when a guy asks to borrow my poi and straitaway smacks himself in the groin. i know i shouldn't, but it's incredably funny

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I read this and had images of my boss doing the same thing...then went into hysterics...shame on me...

ubblol

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
My boss comes to watch me spin fire sometimes at our local meet on tuesday nights. he lives five minutes walk away. and we both work one minute away

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ubbtickled
man thats hilarious

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
every time i do the old groin whack i thank the powers that be that i don't have balls.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Written by: myco

every time i do the old groin whack i thank the powers that be that i don't have balls.

same here...

and whenever my boss sees me spinning, he tells me I should just use the centrifuge like every normal person or silly jokes like that wink

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
haha spot on!!! seeing as the other day i caught myself a TREAT in the knackers so.....i can vividly imagine the feeling eek

LillacSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
LOL I know what you mean about my the nut whack man. The first time my bf picked up my poi he did that after a few minutes. When my roomate Thomas came home that afternoon and saw me spinning he asked if he could try so I let him. As my bf was in the process of telling him what happened earlier...he did the same thing.

Yes I'm soooo glad I'm not a boy!

~ I spin to be dance, when I dance I am free...and freedom is one step closer to home!

Lillacmess @ Deviant Art

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
wow two years and only two posts since i last entered this thread ubblol

wandershroomBRONZE Member
stranger
16 posts

Posted:
How do i make a practice poi? I tried using rice a bag, sock, and some hemp cause i didn't have an old pair of shoe lace but it's a little to heavy and not accurate you can say.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
That name has a move. It's called the "OW FECK!!!" smile

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura