Page:
PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Granted its hardly a major operation but this tuesday morning I am going to a surgery to have a cyst thats inbetween my scalp and skull removed, the doc is only giving me a local anaesthetic and is gonna cut it out, its about the size of a malteser maybe bigger so nto exactly huge, however im a bit panicky about being awake with this happening but prob more panicky cos i hate needles and dont wanna get an injection in my head, has anyone here had any op's while they've been awake? do you really not feeling anything?

Thanks for any advice smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

meghannenthusiast
302 posts

Posted:
that wouldnt worry me but thats prob coz im wierd, i could be awake but id hate to go to sleep for an op, i wanna no whats goin on!

ive learned
life is tough... but im tougher

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: Birgit

No worries... I survived mine! The best bit was the
"I'm not tired."
"you should be."
"Am not."
"Should be."
"Am n... " (thinking bubble 1:... ooops... wasn't I in my room? Why am I on the corridor now with all those strange people?) "AM NOT!"
"shhhhh. sleep."
(thinking bubble 2: ah well. why not.)
And then you wake up and everyone's smiling at you and everything is fine wink

now that sounds like a few experiances i have had before, rofl

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Birgit, reminds me of a funny story when I was on pediatric surgery.

15 year-old guy comes in for a hernia repair. I walk into the room to meet him. He's acting like a typical 15-year-old dude, talking with the anesthesiologist, whatever.

I walk back in there 2 minutes later to get something and he's hanging half off the bed going "LA-LA-LA-LAAAAA" in this inhumanly high falsetto. He then proceeds to break into various chanted Hebrew prayers (he's Jewish) all in this same falsetto. And LOUD!

I looked at the anesthesiologist and said "What on earth did you give him?" She said: "Oh, a little Versed." (Versed is in the same class as Valium and Ativan). I said: "A little??"

He kept up his singing in this absurd voice until he was on the OR table and the general anesthetic went in. ubblol

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Awww, Lightning, that's such a cool story ubblol! (though I'm sure you're not supposed to tell us, but thanks for sharing it biggrin!!) You just gave me one of these moments where I wish I hadn't chosen science over medicine. Though, generally, I think it was the right choice for me...
toxicology is a nice middle way, you get to do things where you can see that they make some sense, and I got to do some of the funny medicine bits like the physiology course where they demonstrated where nerves run by putting an electrode on my arm and making my fingers twitch eek. Ironically, my guitarist was in my course and suggested we'd steal the machine to improve my bass-playing!
I'm not sure I could deal with being a medic, I'd find it so hard to find my way between becoming really cold and getting involved too much. Add the difference between making a mistake when working with mice or cell cultures, and working with humans... I'm too much of a coward for a medic I think, so respect to you! smile
And sorry Will for taking over your thread, I know it's off-topic but I got carried away redface

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
is it sorted yet? hug

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Have you done it yet? hug

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
lol lightning.. reminds me of waking up after anaesthetic singing the pink panther theme.. oh god.. ubblol

How'd you go Will? hug

Page: