Forums > Social Chat > Ponderings of a Frogette

Login/Join to Participate

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Connecting the dots

Well I may be sat here tanked up on meds I have been thinking over a few things. The reason why I am on so much medication is due to a very complicated life between the ages of 8 and 24. It’s the memories of these events which are causing my illness. But amongst some of these bad memories are ones of times before I was 8. The years where I used to go for walk, shinny up tree to read and watch the world where no one else could see me. I was on top of the world. During the crappy events I used to escape in the woods, bunk off school and sit in the tops of the trees. It was my haven the only place where no one could touch me.
Over the past few years I have felt the feeling of being lost spiritually or until now. I have always felt like something was pulling me and yet I didn’t know what. *Pauses thought for cool bit in breakfast club*
So back to the point of me writing this. I feel as though in some odd and non fluffy way that the woods/trees were calling to me in some way to draw some clarity on things and let me be a child again. All the good memories have been in the woods and I was drawn there today. I collected some twigs of twisted hazel and have also started making wands out of them. But the thing is although I feel I have found what I have been looking for in Druidism there is that underlying thought of if I am reading into this right, that this is all how nature intended it and it’s for a good reason. Or if I am just reading into this what I want to and they are all random events. If it’s the first then fantastic because if I have had my eye opened I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Either way as I was thinking this on the doorstep I felt one of those reassuring breezes like the earth giving you a reassuring feeling.

*or maybe the doc’s just trying to see how much medication one girl can hold.

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
sounds like you found your peace hug good for you

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

YexBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
i've spent a lot of time in the woods in my life, whether i'm at the lake or just cutting through on a path to work. i've always been reassured by them. they'll always treat you fairly and never try to trip you up.

i'm glad you found the woods again. smile

"Not all who wander are lost. "

J.R.R. Tolkien

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Come with my up my mountain Frogette smile we wills it and chill and feel what the earth sends our way biggrin

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Heya Frogette - I haven't got much time right now, but would like to draw on your point about coincidences vs random events. I strongly suggest you read the Celestine Prophesy. Trust me. It's an easy read and will clarify much for you, and give you the faith/hope/confidence you may be looking for. smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
There's a silver birch tree in my garden I used to climb. When I came back from Uni, aged 20, i tried to climb that tree again.
For comfort from some very bad times, times I only now am getting over, 5 years later.

I couldnt. I was too big, and the branches would not support me.

I was devastated. No longer could I climb to the top of the world and wish upon a star. My childhood was over.

It taught me many things though. Responsibility, i had no escape from; My true element, Earth, was calling me; I could no longer wish, I had to want. And believe me, these lessons were hard
This began a personal journey for me, as many things that you take for granted I never instinctively knew. There are many personal feelings that have lain dormant for a long time, and my next lesson is rage and how to destroy it in me.

Froggy, the peace of nature always calls me, but I go when I can.
I applaud your ability to go when you will.

and I like that feeling too of when the world gives you a hug. A gentle breeze in a cornfield, a shaft of sunlight on a hillside, sometimes is all you need to be assured that it'll be alright.

[/spiritual ramblings]

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
spiritual ramblings are always good, well in my opinion anyway.
i hope your journey goes well though i really do and its nice to know i'm not a crazy person or the only crazy anyway.
let me know how you get on with the rage too, i'm haivng a bit of problems with that too hug hug

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Written by: flash fire

Heya Frogette - I haven't got much time right now, but would like to draw on your point about coincidences vs random events. I strongly suggest you read the Celestine Prophesy. Trust me. It's an easy read and will clarify much for you, and give you the faith/hope/confidence you may be looking for. smile

yeah, read that and converstaions with God by Neil Donald Walsh (it's good from a pagan POV as well...).

although the celestine prophecy had a lot of controvosy around it for a while - maybe take it with a pinch of salt...

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Mistress_MaledictiHeaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
192 posts

Posted:
Nature is very peaceful and reassuring, trees especially so because they are always there and kind of remind us that they've seen so much more than we have, and they'v weathered it all.

I'm glad you found your way back to them, Frogling!

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I agree with reading the Celestine Prophercy too... i is a good book, and has a lot of good ideas in it.

hug

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
hug's for the froggette

Love is the law.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: ado-p

hug's for the froggette

awww fanks for the hugs and also thankyou for the book suggestions...i shall add them to my reading list smile hug hug

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I love climbing trees! Puts you in a whole new world (the tall ones at least) biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i used to but my fear of actaully falling and breaking something stops me from doing it, oh and my boots