Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well that was a lovely meet. Nice turn out and a lovely variety of people. And me.

Seye, nice moves and good reminising about Staffordshire Uni.

Will, thanks for the lift, the parafin and use of the doubles staffs. Gonna get some and learn out to use them.

Ed, thanks for the pelvic thrusts during CJ body-popping. And the milk

Steaks, thanks for my firebreathing footage. And you've made me proud/jealous and your top all burnt with you BTB buzzsaw.

And the cuppa, that was genius...

(Bloody hell, this is turning into an acceptance speech)

Hazel, thanks for the BJC info and the upside down entertainment (and Sam for that matter but he doesn't read this so sod him)

Kyle, thanks for the specialness.

Elaine get well soon.

Anyone else I've not thanked I can't remember your names. HOP or otherwise. I will burn in hell later.

Roll on the next one.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Sorry for not makig it guys had urgent matterrs to attend to

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

SchitzSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:

I missed out too...wasnt feeling too great and didnt fancy being out in the cold...a sure sign I must getting old ubblol

Poivert

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Was good to finally meet you guys smile Sorry if I seemed a bit out of it. I dont think I've been that hungover in years. My girlfriend and housemate keep laughing about my horrendous slurring the night before (at least I made it out of the house on sunday though!). Next time I'll have an early night and be a bit less dazed.

Neon - Cant believe you went to staffs! Cant believe all the wicks on that staff! Cant believe I stupidly toasted my hand while lighting the staff! Cant believe (insert comical comment here) staff! wink

Ed cheers for the early 90's games console help and the antispin advice. I'll get it one day!

Kyle - just send me a PM any time - I'm only down the road and always up for a spin.

Steaks - Good effort on the tea! I dont think I'd have made it through the hangover without it. That btb buzzsaw is looking sweet too.

Next time if Sam asks me to keep showing him Jesus's can someone please do me a favour and remind me to spin the other way occasionally. I honestly thought I was going to be sick!

We'll have to sort out another small meet before next month.

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol sorry i couldnt make it guys first one iv missed in months...i just couldnt afford to get down there sorry

dammit missed hazels trapeze poi again grrrrrrr she will have to show me again sometime if she dnt mind lol its always cool no matter what she does lol biggrin

errrr will deffo make next meet killed me not coming to this one lol

thanks for burning with me

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol sorry i couldnt make it guys first one iv missed in months...i just couldnt afford to get down there sorry

dammit missed hazels trapeze poi again grrrrrrr she will have to show me again sometime if she dnt mind lol its always cool no matter what she does lol biggrin

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Three posts, im impressed...post whore!! lol

OOh there was coloured flames there, any footage at all? Someone hurry up and begin talks of the next one if there is tea and colo9ured flames I simply cant miss it next time, hadnt got the money this month for it unfortunatly.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Cheers for another ace meet peeps. Honestly these things have been the shining light getting me through the darkness of winter!

Steaks - tea. Genius. biggrin

For those that don't know yet, We've got a quote for the lovebus of £350 which will work out about £30 a peice plus petrol money. We'll pick people up from the gassworks about 2pm on Weds 19th April & drop you back off there when we get back on Monday 24th. There's just too many people to do individual pick-up's. We've still got plans to swing by the eden project on the way back on monday too.

So far I've got 12 people interested which is our max capacity. So if you're on the list & not coming, let me know asap cause there's others who could take your place.

Millhouse
Tobi
Dave
Jen
Sam
Ree
Laura
Rob
Me
Kev
Pete
Elaine

We'll need a deposit too book & I'll let you know when I know how much that'll be, hopefully you can get that to us at the next meet? Anyone got a date in mind?

Hopefully that all made sense. I'm running on empty today! Please PM me with questions, I don't get to read HOP much but I always get my e-mails.

p.s. big hug for elaine. Missed you! Hope your leg heals soon!

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
jsut got some beard devil sticks today. theyre glow in the dark, cant wait to give thema go at the next one ! it was real fun and i got sucha rush from tryign fire poi for the first time. Thanks everyoen who talked to me n stuff haha and especially adam for lettign me use his fire poi. If anyone is interested in passing (juggling) or anythign or woudl liek to learn soem stuff jsut ask, id be more than happy to help ! smile

tone xxx

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Tony - dont think I got to chat to you but I see you live near Fallowfield, where abouts?

Me and Kyle were talking about going for a spin somewhere down this way (I live in withington, just next to ladybarn park).

Any other people down this way fancy a meet for a spin some time soon?
I should be getting my new fire poi in the next couple of days - need to test them out.

iggsy :) love life!!!!!!!BRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
im from that neck of the woods as well, near hardy's well.

Well up for a spin, normally do glowsick poi but wouldnt mind trying out some fire poi!

iggsy

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
that would be cool !

i live in wilmslow park hall of residence, its just at the start of the curry mile above tesco express / lidl / block buster. Oppisite the big park !

Id love to meet for a spin. I jsut got soem devil sticks today and hope to get soem tricks learned.

I mainly juggle but ill give everything a go and id loke to improve my poi skills.

tone xx

tone xxx

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
im up for a mini meet in the withington/fallowfield area, we aint short of parks to spin in wink

i cant take full crdit for the tea, Seye brought the tea bags, milk and some of the water along, so praise to him as well wink
My bro had fun as well, thanks for being kind to him everyone smile

Ree (not that i think she reads this) the skates where brilliant, you will have to bring them again smile

Lou, I'll call you later in the week about spinning more with you.

Dave, the snakes looked wicked as did the breathing

and Will thanks for letting me run off with your bottles so often.

There is a fire meet in Liverpool on saturday if anyone fancies it (details over in there thread)
and how is sunday the 12th march for everyone (3 weeks away, weekend after my bros birthday as well)?

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'm up for a big meet on the 12th.

I'd say I'd drive to liverpool on saturday too but its a mates birthday in Stoke so I'm heading down there.

How about next weekend for a 'south manchester' meet, Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th? Wherever is easiest - I live by Ladybarn Park (and have a garden thats big enough for a few spinners) or theres platt fields or even fog lane.

If anyone fancies a random midweek spin PM me and I'll see if I can be about (I might have a job soon - you never know).

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Heya, its Lou. In case you hadn't guessed.

Definetly up for a Fallowfield spin, but I might need to crash somewhere though, as my last train home is at 11.20 frown

I can't do a Friday unfortuanetly - there shall be no fire burning on the Sabbath, so spinning is definetly off frown

Any other day is great though, sp just give me a shout!

As for Boric Acid, its used for treating certain fungal infections and is a white, odorless powder or crystalline substance that is available in many over-the-counter pharmaceutical products for topical use, alone as a topical antiseptic, and in suppository form. If you get the antiseptic then dissolve it in meths, you should be ok.

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Seye

How about next weekend for a 'south manchester' meet, Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th? Wherever is easiest - I live by Ladybarn Park (and have a garden thats big enough for a few spinners) or theres platt fields or even fog lane.

isn't next weekend the 26th and 27th? i'd be up for a meet on either of those days.

i'll PM you ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

[Old link]

biggrin

philtreSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Written by: tony830

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: his could go on forever, but at the moment,

DJs

Andy C
hazzard
J Majik
Wikaman
Cyantific
Pendulum
Format
alo, jhest and yungun, coheed and cambria, farewell unkown, thrice, finch, matchbook romance e.t.c

Get in! a bass head! bet your a Turbulence reqular too aint yer!

I lost.

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
you coem from newcastle philtre? hehe yeha i go to turbulance and i LOVE it. biggrin do you go? i missed the one with dillinja and lemon D, they had the valve soudn system too. :'(

tone xxx

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Hav, this weekend is the 25th / 26th and there is a meet over in Liverpool on the saturday if you fancy it, meeting at 5pm outside the Wigwam type university church (opposite JMU)

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
bit late i know but ive acquired a few things from the last meet which people left in the pub, some i know have already been claimed:

black burton jacket with white strips
mufc jacket
black bank robbers hat
black hat

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
the black bank robbers hat is ed's, we need it for a job this sunday

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
the black hat may be mine as well as my mcfc hoody (which you know about) if its a black beenie with and grey oval on the front then it would be mine smile

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Hey guys - sorry I didn't make it on Sunday - am still hobbling and now getting really peed off with it mad2

Started me new job on Monday n not got me feet under the table (desk?) enough to get HoPping during the day and I'm too damn knackered to come on in the evening frown

hey ho, I'll soon get back into the swing of it I guess...

loves ya lots and I insist on double hugs from everyone at the next meet wink biggrin hug

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

the black bank robbers hat is ed's, we need it for a job this sunday

rolleyes

Gonna have to cancel that now you've gone and told everyone about it Will...

Written by: Wild Child

I insist on double hugs from everyone at the next meet

Deal. biggrin hug

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey guys!

I got a place at manchester, so I will be moving down there in September, and may finally get to meet you guys biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yey

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
do we have a date for the next meet yet or is it too soon lol... i think im being a little eager lol but hey ho i missed one and am coming to the liverpool one lol yaaay anyone else but me and steaks going???

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
would anyone be able to give me any devil stick help next meet? just how to go from the helicopter straight into the tick tock e.t.c.

thanks tone xx

Page: ......