Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

tiz80SILVER Member
9 posts

Posted:
ok if anyone would like to meet at oxfrod station about 4 the gary an jen meeting committe will be there then an they'll give peoples a lift down to platt fields cos there nice like that hug or you can give jen a txt, if you dont have her number then you can pm me for it

penelope the sheep ate all the mintcake!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thank you to all the Manchester HoPpers that made me and Gayle most welcome this weekend. grouphug

A Huge thank you goes out to Elaine for housing me for the weekend. You are a wonderful lady hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
And might I just say how lovely it was to meet both of you two!! *big smile* See ya again soon I hope!

x

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
What a wicked weekend! Thanks guys for making us feel really welcome and special thanks go to Elaine for housing, driving and feeding us and generally being one top bird!

grouphug

Roll on November!

Gayle.....!

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
glad you all had ur fun while i was slaving away at work...:-(......sob!
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
My heart is breaking Mike ubbcrying ubblol

Girls t'was good to see you - bit of an odd meet with all those MoPpers around who didn't even spin umm and those scallies are a first too but hey that's life.

What you say back to gasworks next meet folks?

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
yay!Back to the gas works who ever picked that place in the first place picked well...

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Were there scallies at the manchester meet after I left? Liverpool, now Manchester. There is clearly a war being waged between the forces of Poi and Chav.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
We have weapons tho, and a few jedis amoungst us, buuuusar! Vjoooom vjoooom.

So when is the next manc meet gonna be, has anyone thought of any rough dates on the horrizon yet? Ive just gotten my finall wage from work so it should last me a while, lucky too i had a tenner left from my other 'savings' (mostly spent on poi and cd's lol)

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Yes, when's the next date... I was thinkin November 5th would be cool, as we could all do sooper fire, but then I also thought that my civvy mates will wanna do something that night... So, there's Saturday 12th November?

Winter is drawing in...

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Saturday the 5th would be cool, but alot of people are going to bath on that date, sat 12th sounds good though.

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
hey a bit late but thanks to everyone for a good night on saturday smile arms are still looking mildly burnt

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
t'was good to see you there bing! Hope you make it more regularly now....

November 12th's good for me - 'cept I think the next Nottingham Fundango Convention is on 13th so if anyone was up for that they may either go for the saturday night or not want to do both...

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
So it kinda looks like the 12th November is looking pretty good...

We'll have to find out when the next Monster monster thing is on for a night out too!

*Gary goes off to search for Mill or Dave*

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
no probs with the sat as far as i know for me.... see what everyone else says too.

was good meeting ya bing! sorry didnt get to speak much etc, it was a bit strange with so many moppers around confused wasnt like a regular meet in my opinion.

monster monster would be a defo! would love to go again, as long as you keep me away from the toilets this time ubblol
oh and mill, can i still get them climbing shoes off ya pweese hug

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
12th Nov? I'll be in Guildford! Yay cause I get to see my brother, boooooo I'm gonna miss another meet!

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
hey peeps great meet thanks to all. biggrin

i have just put all my manchester vids i have done so far online go find them hear

[Old link]

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Mr Minty I sure do ubblove you... purely in a bladder squashing buddy way (before I get killed by a lady charging at me from down south with a big baseball bat in her hand)

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I don't have a baseball ball bat frown rolleyes ubblol hug

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Phew! I'm safe. hug Hello Missy Miss Misses! How goes it with you?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Great vids Tobi and a lovely one from you Jem clap hug

No baseball bats allowed in Manc or you get an automatic ASBO! ubblol

Euonymous Europeus

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
Bottled today, 3 inch gash down my forehead. 22nd Bday @ Jilly's on 18/11, Lee Evans on 20/11 and Faithless 25/11 @ MEN so might see people around
EDITED_BY: Sniper (1129934533)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
You got bottled? :O

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
So when are all you lovely Manchester HoPpers going to come and beat [censored] out of my Brambles? ubblol

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
bah dont think can make the 12th cause its the climbing weekend! which hopefully i should be able to afford. its it def gonna be the 12th?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
*pops head round the door to let you know he's still about*

12th in the park, I'll do my best to remember!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Sheffield is on 12th, Nottm is 13th ooh choices!!!!

hey Mill hug miss you! Where is everyone on this thread these days? We need a meet soon cos it seems like we've not had a proper one for ages frown

Euonymous Europeus

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Eh? I'll text you elaine as I'm off to bed now

Night night Hop

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
OK sweetie - sleep tight * tucks Millhouse in and kisses him gently on the forehead, tiptoes out quietly *

Euonymous Europeus

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone!!! how's this for a blast from the past?

Sorry I kinda totally disappeared off the face of the earth folks, I've had without doubt the single worst most traumatic year of my life. In the short space of 4 months five people I loved dearly, including my only sister, died. I was also burgled while at work, proper job too, 20ks worth of stuff gone or smashed, and just to really rub salt in, i was mugged the day after my sisters funeral back home in nottm!

As a result been feeling just a smidge antisocial!

I'm well over the worst now and am starting to get my life back together n am starting with you lovely poi people! I aint got net access any more n dont come on here very much to be honest, i WOULD however LOVE to come to the next manchester meet. If one of you scrumptious people that remember me of old could text me the where n when etc, I'll come smile

07754 722557

cheers folks....its bloody good to be back biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

It's smashing to be back x

Page: ......