Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mint Sauce

Written by: Winged Avenger

Hello up North!

I'm going to be in Manchester on Weds and Thurs evening for a gallery education conference. Is anyone up for a spin then? Send me a PM and we can meet up!

*hugs*

hi K long time no see i will ask around we are a disorganised bunch i will see if i can sort somthing for you will you be bringing your Guy with you???? biggrin

Oops that'd be tonight? confused

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i was waiting for a responce and hay and iv been working oooper hard and stuff and and errrrm ok in crap!!!!!!!!

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
spank naughty manc hoppers tongue

mynci ive already decided, you guys are coming in march! you gotta keep up with it rolleyes

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
well....is anybody up for a meet this sunday?

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
 Written by: the_mods_stole_my_name

well....is anybody up for a meet this sunday?

Yep cool, will be there smile

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
should be there

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
question is where????

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Weather report says no rain......

Castlefield or Gasworks....?

And at what time?

MY preference would be same time and place as last week...

2-3pm at Castlefield?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
How about we take over the skate park in platt fields?

I need cheering up on sunday [censored] theive stole my new bike!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
but i cant ride the skate park im crap???

and no rain cover frown i say the field of castles smile

1,286 posts

Posted:
castlefield is fine by me. i may not be able to get there till 4 or 5 though. will you guys still be there?

O.B.E.S.E.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
im rehearsing for "A Christmas spectacular" tis on next week, and have I learned my lines? Have I Arse!

Make the next one soon, so I can have some firey goodness before 2006 fades into the mists of time.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Lee I have fire snakes, personally I chose the shorte home of poi ones, however im starting to think longer might have been better. I'll bring them with me nex meet im at you can play with them all you like.

Oh ide love another castlefield, its a lovley place smile

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well I would've gotten there around 2-3 but I'm now stuck in Arnside as I've missed my train so I should get there around 3-4 now... (Mostly likely 4 as I'm going into town for some stuff as well...)

See you guys tomorrow!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Sorry I couldnt make it guys I can off my stilts last night and busted my knee open!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Nice

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

1,286 posts

Posted:
my friend kat got some good piccies, check out my gallery. there's more to come when i can be bothered to upload them!

O.B.E.S.E.

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
well that was fun smile

sorry to hear about your knee fella!

get well soon

~aFx

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

1,286 posts

Posted:
added a few more pics to my gallery!

O.B.E.S.E.

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
hi when are you next meeting up

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
sorry about not being able to make it, ended up getting stuck in royton after a party until about 8 ish

hey jaysus, the next meet is yet to be organised, if you keep checking this thread there'll probably be one organised soon ubbrollsmile

would anyone want to meet up this or next weekend?

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
im in town on saturday if you wanna meet up

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ugh im so so tired sombody help me frown

loulou27SILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
awe bless im just home from a ladies night = banter + booze.

eatin choco fudge brownie ice cream cause had a strange impulsive urge to eat some.

Enogh of my night, why mintsauce you in so much bother?

(opps didnt read post proper eyes went fuzzy, and brain was mush)
EDITED_BY: loulou27 (1164656947)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
guys when do you want the next big meet? my 2 cents is the weekend of 10th december, whatcha all think? its bout time for another big meet! bounce

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
sounds good

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Wahey! I'm back online biggrin

Sorry to all those I havent replied to recently - you'll get propper replies soon I promise.

I'd also like to announce the imminent arrival of my new online play thing... YWTV (Your-World TV). I'll post more details soon but I'll be calling on a few of you to help me out with a few bits and pieces so expect a call / email or PM soon biggrin

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
hiya guys just to let you guys its my brithday soon which is sunday 17th december.

im planning going for a meal at panama hattys, anyone is more welcome to come down to join the brithday girl, the meal start at 8pm. then going for a couple drinks after the meal at some pubs, the restaurant address is pananma hatty's 43a brown street m2 2jj. if anyone doesn't know where the panama hatty's is. plz let me know. firelight/ dawny

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
does anyone want to meet up, on saturday maybe

loulou27SILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
how abouts sunday?