Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah! Well done to Brit_Joe for popping his burn cherry! Hip Hip Hurray!

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Poi_Romember
55 posts

Posted:
Hey Joe! CONGRATS on ur first burn!

FAB isnt it! mine was on friday... WAY COOL!

Thats Mr Poi-ro!
Qualified SCUBA Diver.. Not worked out how to fire spin and dive at the same time yet.. grr

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
well done joe lol shame i missed it srry frown

thanks for burning with me

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, wikid meet once again. Didn't think I'd get much spinning done as I'm actually full of lurgy, but I just can't help it being surounded by so much spinning, gotta join in! Lovley to see old faces again & meet new ones as ever. Didn't mean to scare y'all... I just see climbable stuff & have too! If anyone got a pik of my upside down poi, I'd love to show it to my trapeeze teacher. I've got a thing for taking circus skills into urban locations. Next meet on the 8th you say? Count me in. Happy Holidays! hug

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
relly great meet guys was so nice to see you all! hug
shame about the cold tho lol

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Excellent meet chaps - we're getting good at these aren't we biggrin

Realised reading this lot that i didn't speak to many new people - Catt & Smurf for a start, sorry about that but everyone there was lovely so I'm sure you guys are smile

Hazey's not crazy, just adventurous umm ubblol and we love her for it hug

Glad Jen and Pete made it for a festive hug at least - seems wierd to think we won't be meeting up again til next year eek

Jan 8th for the next one sounds good to me...... biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Written by: MrD

Hey guys.. just had a thought..

I know this thread is getting PREEEEETTTTY long.. how about contacting the admin team ask them if they can prune it down or something.. get rid of old convo or just start a new thread mebbe?

Just a thought smile

are you kidding this thred is my little baby if we croped it or started a new one we would be sullying the momory of all the old scholl hoppers who cant make it to most of the meets dew to being away stuff and other stuff.

any way this is now the most popular thread in the whole (Events, Performances and Gatherings) sectin now we just beat the "im looking for some fellow dutch spinners" thred we are now number 1 woo hoo

sorry yes i know im sad.

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Thanks alien, and MrD ooh I loved every second of it, first time ide ever even picked up fire poi never mind lit them and im hooked, must buy fire poi for christmas biggrin

Wonderfull meet, simply marvelous.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Did everyone have a good time on sunday?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yes thanks

mr not there

thundersmurfnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hi Guys,
well I've put some pics up at

https://www.photobox.co.uk/album/thumbnails.html?c_album=2301215

Devilstar I have a video of you doing the upside down poi, no pics sorry, but I'll email you the vid if you like?

If at first you don't succeed...............CHEAT!!

Poi_Romember
55 posts

Posted:
oo sorry.. i feel like ive stepped on a few toes..

ill shurrup and humbly walk away with my head hung in shame..

sowwee.. *embarassed blush*

Thats Mr Poi-ro!
Qualified SCUBA Diver.. Not worked out how to fire spin and dive at the same time yet.. grr

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol aw, dont be too hard on him he isnt the only one thinking such things, other spinners are thinking the same thing too it being a new year.

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
congrats joe, on your first burn. i still remember that rush...not that you stop getting it, but you only have your first time once.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

Ryz0rBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
heyy! it was good fun that was. If anyone noticed, i was the guy with the tail poi in the corner not really speaking to anyone cos i'm a bit shy :P

I'll come to the next one and join in much more though!

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect

Crash and Burn, Live and Learn

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
wow what are you douing in this humble little thread

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol ryzor i thought it was you lol

i was half tempted to phone you back and see if you had made it ok coz i remember u phoning me for directions then never hearing from you agian throughout the night i wasnt sure if you had got there at all...

u knew who i was though didnt you??? if not i was the one with the glow stiks, if u ask anyone, i always go to a meet with glow sticks so everyone knows who i am lol its kinda like my signature thing lol

next time make sure u come and say hello!!!! lol

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I saw you actually I think I did anyway, I was gonna say hi couse you looke new and abit intimidated but guess what, I am shy too so you know lol

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
and trust me after a few meets you will come out of your shell and be as crazy and as outgoing as some of us lol (especially monkey girl hazel lol)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
not one person here will help?
(apart from everyone who cant not)
[Old link]
plz think about it it rlly does save people
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey ryz0r! if id have known and could have made it to the whole meet (with a few cans of cider up my sleeve ubbangel) i woulda punced on you! can i at the next meet? you shouldnt be shy with us lot, theyre all too mad for that biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I can't see the photos as it says I'm not logged in frown
EDITED_BY: jemima (jem) (1135036963)

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yeah same thing with me, I just had to make aquick account it only takes a minute then re-click the link and it will let you see them all.

Nice pics *claps* nice one for taking them, and nice one to havokist for not falling on your head lol, we were all worried you would do.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

and nice one to havokist for not falling on your head lol, we were all worried you would do.

erm... i wasn't there... i was asleep letting my body recover from the night before...

and i will make it to the next meet tongue

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Ryz0rBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
Haha, you guys are ace! Thanks lee for giving us directions, although we still managed to end up going in a great big circle before realising where we were meant to go. biggrin I'll make sure not to be so shy next time and speak to you all at the next meet! beerchug

And of course you can jen, having complete strangers pounce on me is a hobby of mine.. tongue

Oh and congrats to those doing their first burns! I'm still yet to do one with poi.

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect

Crash and Burn, Live and Learn

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
[Old link]
Well thats one!
Thank you!

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Tobi it wasnt the Cat like you thought it was the boy of blue( I did the same)

The meal and meet was great, really cool to do a bit of chatting over large amouts of food.

Dave it was nice to meet your Philling, Bobby too.And as ever catching up with everyone is great.

Guess what? Techs are on there way!! Wooooio!

Was the 8th the Date you threw up Lou lou? For that old bearded ones birthday?

Until next time
EDITED_BY: house_of_mill (1135065606)

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lmao yes it was the 8th we have planned for the next one wink

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
thundersmurf, video? Even better! PM on it's way.... Nice piks by the way smile

thanks Elaine, me love you too hug

loki.c1687, sorry but I ain't alowed to give blood.

the meal was a nice touch, nice to have a chatt especially since I could hardly see anyone's faces once we were at the gassworks.

Brit_Joe, don't worry. You'll get used to me hanging around (sorry, couldn't resist) I'm actually very aware of my limitations.

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Hey all!

welcome ryz0r, think i may have spotted you in the corner, should have said hello (bad catt slaps her own wrist) promise ill say hi next time!!!
Congrats brit joe on your first burn you did great!!! wooo hooooooooo
Will get the pics asap, just havent had a bloomin min with xmas shoppin!!!
Take care!! xxxx

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

Page: ......