Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
lol tis ok im just a bit grumpy right now missing my girly a bit much

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I dont think it bein half past one in he morning is helping your mood either, I really should go to bed now

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
im on holl am making the most of it dont have to go back to work till mon

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
I cant believe I am still online!! I think I fell asleep about an hour ago....

meditate zzzzzzzzzz

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i just got back from work frown tobi, not on a saturday and i'll be there wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Mill if you decide on a date that doesn't clash with anything then i just might....

Gayle.....!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
will fri or sun best for you

14th or 16th

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Saturday would be best as me and lynne don't have any leave left!

Gayle.....!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
will get a day of work

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
is the sun possible? if not then ill come whenever smile

welcome gazzabee! hug your gonna love our meets wink

dont worry guys about liverpool, ill look after ya ubblol

right for all those interested in the nottingham w/end on the 8/9th october the guys there need to know numbers of whos going/needs a place to crash on sat night. if you follow this [Old link] and quote, adding whether your going on the sat/ sun only, or staying the sat night and wanna crash.

cheers guys smile
EDITED_BY: liquid_bubblegum (1125771268)

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
Anybody else spot the lovely miss bubblegum on lottery?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I was watching biggrin, isnt her dad clever! MY heart sank when he got the final answer wrong, I owuldnt have been better tho I was saying Rome.

*massive hugs* hug

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
nuneaton - sat 10th september
BJC - 22/23 - 25th september
liverpool (first meet) - sat 1st october
nottingham (my birthday too ) - 7/8th - 9th october
MANCHESTER (my birthday do) 14 th 15th or 16th october
sheffield poi in the park - sun 30th october
Bath - 4/5th - 5/6th november

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
whoo sounds cool tobi! how you getting to them though? we could have a double bday meet bounce

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mint Sauce

nuneaton - sat 10th september
BJC - 22/23 - 25th september
liverpool (first meet) - sat 1st october
nottingham (my birthday too ) - 7/8th - 9th october
Sheffield Monster Monster at Gate Crasher 9th October
MANCHESTER (my birthday do) 14 th 15th or 16th october
sheffield poi in the park - sun 30th october
Bath - 4/5th - 5/6th november

Do you reckon I could pursuade some of you for a second trip to Sheffield,

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
we will be in noting ham wit you mister mill no monster monster for you

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I'm going to leave early sunday then off to Sheffield.

Its going to be a good weekend

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
sorry millhouse hug ill be staying in notts all sat and sun

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Thank you Jen!! thankx

Have to confess though, I am completely confused with all those dates, birthdays and locations flying about... I am definitely gonna try and be brave enough and catch up with you guys at the next Manchester meet... when will that be?

bounce2

Happy Birthday to all those who have a Bday coming up... have an amazing time in Liverpool, Nuneaton, Sheffield, Nottingham.... and I am not even gonna start on the dates! wave

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ok what date am I meant to be in Manchester for? Just tell me its a weekend and that its not on a day I've promised to be anywhere else and I'll mark it on the calender.

I also am getting all these meets mixed up. if we stick to one meet with a date in each thread I'll be able to keep up ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
the next manc meet is the w/end of the 15th/16th october but tobys gonna let us know which day he wants smile

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm..... I was hoping it would be a weekend thing as in 2 days. Manchester is a long way to go for just one afternoon spinning......... yes, I know, I'm not dedicated enough to spinning ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i thought we were having one late september for Hanky and Miss Frogette?

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
yeah don't u forget it! (thanx Havo) am having spinning withdrawal symptoms!!!! and guess who elsess birthday it is in oct!?!?! go on i bet u cant - thats right.... ITS ME! (11th) so can i also join in on the festivities!? will be joining the old fogies in the 20's - scary thought
am also interested in the notts and liverpool meets but dont have time now to sort it out - would need place to crash in notts, if not my aunt stays there somewhere so is a possible option hehe (good hearty meal too!!)
welcome bazzabee, lookin forward to meetin ya at the next man meet @ END OF SEPT
will check in again when poss (2-3 weeks mebbies)
CHOW FOR NOW

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I'm up for being in the park all weekend always so I'm sure i can stretch to putting up with you Lynn and if you need a place to stay i live v close to town.

Ok so Dates Tobi's got October sorted but when Goth and Hanky make it we cant really set a date until they say.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yes skully stay with house_of_mill, he will scrape the matresses clean for you he promises lol

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hanky pm on its way about notts

2days sounds great! so 3 birthdays on the w/end of the 15th ubblol

but dont forget its the BJC last w/end in september, and liverpool first w/end of october (which has pete is entertaining in his bedroom! eek tongue ), need to be sure who else's going, so far ive gathered that joe and tobi are, if im wrong lemme know

whens froggy et al coming to visit? thatll be really cool, in fact ive not seen her around here lately frown anyone know where shes gone?
EDITED_BY: liquid_bubblegum (1125873188)

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Going to what sorry? all these dates are confusing me now, ok ive written it down so I remember, im going to...

Liverpool Meet 1st oct
Nottingham Sat 8th Oct (staying at lauz')
Nottingham 9th Oct Staff/poi speacial
14/or 16th Oct Manc Meet
Bath - 5th November

Oh and if anyone notices I have dates wrong with hose let me know please

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Well, perhaps there could be a smaller Manchester meet late September... that might be less scary for new peeps, like me!!

Seems like you guys are travelling all over the country... Ya know, I never thought for a second that Poi would get people travelling everywhere!! How amazing... And here was me thinking I was the only potty one!

Page: ......