whitehawknewbie
23 posts

Posted:
alrghty, this week im gonna get myself a new staff

so basically, id like some advice on what i should look for.

I'd like something relatively thin (or thin enough so I can do finger twirling - which i incorporate into basically every one of my tricks so this is essential), something with good grip (my old staff was coated completely with silocone, so im used to something with a descent amount of grip), something with a fibreglass core (not wood, as i find it too heavy), and something which looks good!

my price limit is AU$180

any links to websites where i can order would be greatly appreciated.

what is https://www.juggleart.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=460&cPath=138

this staff like? does anyone have it?

btw happy new year everyone

peace out, alex

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
you can buy the exact same product here for $120

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails.php/fire/94/poi/44/detail/Inner_fire_3_piece_staff

i personally dont like the grip on the 3 piece staffs and they bounce with some throws. id suggest doing a search through the archives on hop as theres loads of information on buying and building staffs

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

whitehawknewbie
23 posts

Posted:
i ended up going with a Concentrate 1 peice staff

im not ssure if uv seen it before it has a wooden core with aluminium bits on the end before the grip, and a blue grip

lol not a very good description

AU $55 from Ruffcut records right here in tassi

and $40 for 5 litres of firewater

$90 all up wasnt too bad i didnt think, considering in reality i really like this staff and its great for everything i do

whitehawknewbie
23 posts

Posted:
i swear 55 + 40 is 90

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
everybody please harrass concentrate to make sleek innercores!! or i'll cry.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: ben-ja-men

i personally dont like the grip on the 3 piece staffs and they bounce with some throws.

Bounce with throws - now if you had said they are not ideal for learning steves / matrix / SNES etc..... id agree.....

But to say they bounce with some throws - - - hahahaha surley that just means youre crap at throws....... wink

ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Written by: Strugz

Written by: ben-ja-men

i personally dont like the grip on the 3 piece staffs and they bounce with some throws.

Bounce with throws - now if you had said they are not ideal for learning steves / matrix / SNES etc..... id agree.....

But to say they bounce with some throws - - - hahahaha surley that just means youre crap at throws....... wink

ubbloco

what ben meant to say is that they are rather easy to bend, by handing them to silly people on beaches, and when you get them back they bounce like bitches....

still dont worry strugz, my new staffs are now on mail order so you can order one of those and get a good staff! biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
im with bender

lets start a petition

Love is the law.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
strugz whats a matrix and where can i learn it? tongue

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
offtopic

bad silly contact spinners!

Step (el-nombrie)

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Err well that's eactly the same thing I was getting at when I asked for a vid to be done redface

Does that mean bad silly twirly whirly spinners too biggrin ?

Lisa
xx

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ben - A matrix is a completed version of that move you do half of - do it again the other side, youve got a matrix wink

Mech - bad silly contact spinners - hahaha

take this....

Non-Https Image Link

I was going to become stealer of Mechs face but thought it should only been seen in one thread, not all wink

Silly contact - i wont hear it again!!

ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
aaaaaaaaaah so thats a matrix i always throught it was called a figure 8, oh and can u send me a high res version of that pic of mech for my dvd biggrin

lisa i dunno about bad but your definately silly hug smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
THATS ACE MAN!

indeed i do look like frodos willie! wink

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
but now the war is on, i will get some of those pics you gave me on thursday, and become the stealer of stugz!

Step (el-nombrie)

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
AHEM...Ben what's THAT move that you do half of???????
confused

Me silly?????? errrm I think you've mistaken me for mech again honey

Me
xx

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
lisa i dont think anyone could EVER mistake you for mech (sorry dude ur just not quite as sexy as lisa)

wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

but now the war is on, i will get some of those pics you gave me on thursday, and become the stealer of stugz!

i was afraid of that............... ive just looked too, there are a few ace contenders....... your spoilt for choice ubblol

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
oh yes. when i get home today, il upload some pics to my website,a nd you shall TREMBLE IN FEAR as i steal your face, and your worlD

and its all good, dont worry, you will never mistake me and lisa, not even if i stole her face!

Step (el-nombrie)

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Yeah ya man breasts give it away.................ok now I'm running wink )
EDITED_BY: BamBam (1104938897)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
lolsign
ditto
biggrin

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
cos cos you are jelous of my lush rack!

and ill soooooo get you the next time i see you

and if i remeber there is little point running from me, as if i remeber someone chased me around spitz once, and couldnt get me, so i think they are a little slower than i!

Step (el-nombrie)

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
the first prototypes of what eventually become innercores actually had a sleek profile.

You gotta remember that when Callan designed them, staff 'contact' twirling as we know it was not yet a movement! (even sock poi was a novelty back then!)
thems are big moulded handles cus he's a big boy and likes to grip it, *giggles*

reshaping the grip after having already made a nice one involves expensive redesigning and retooling, plus there's luddites like me who don't hardly do none of them contact movements.

ps i never met lisa nor mech, but i'm safe in assuming that youse look not the same biggrin

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

whitehawknewbie
23 posts

Posted:
omg get out of my thread :P

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Mr Ben you didn;t answer me question

...Ben what's THAT move that you do half of???????

Sorry Alex...me bad spank

Talk away smile

Lisa
x

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
lol that was strugz taking the piss saying i only do half the matrix cos im rubbish the full matrix being what i do half of smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
biggrin

ubbangel

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
And that totally clears it all up then wink

L
x

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
well u know strugz likes to point out the fact that he can matrix better than me as often as he can seeings as i introduced him to it n all some ppl so immature ubbloco

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Immature i shall remain,

i never want my immaturity to turn into vanity wink

tongue

but thanks for knowledge anyhow!