Page: ...
Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:

Accomodation: Tregedna Farm Campsite (the other one for those of you who attended Falmouth 1 or 2)

Duration: Thursday evening - Sunday evening

Attractions: A beautiful beach, (hopefully) glorious weather, a big feckin fire, more beer and smoke than you can shake several large sticks at, and a bunch of lunatics playing with fire.

Throw in a few workshops, the obligatory 8 mile hike, and yer talkin' heaven.

For those who have not attended a Falmouth event before, there are videos of the last two here and here.

This may well be the only Falmouth event this year, as us Cornish types will all be going to the Play Festival in August - and recommend that you do too!

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

MidianThe Fairy Of Things That Go Bump In The Night ;)
188 posts

Posted:
i give up ubbloco
EDITED_BY: Midian (1103563951)

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
foulmouth seems fun, but a few of us could do with some more info on it tongue

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

188 posts

Posted:
ubblol yup it duz

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Its a holiday!!! woooo - You should have a look for previous Falmouth threads - might give you an idea on whats what! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Right Falmouth is a spinners meet like Manchester but bigger and better where spinners form all over the country get together to spin drink smoke and have a good time.

There is a huge beach to build a big fire on to keep warm by, large camp sight to put up the accommodation and loads of space to spin whatever you are into there will be people there doing things you never even taught was possible. In a way its almost like a spinner’s festival.

Go to www.soton-firespinning.co.uk sign yourself in and go to the downloads section and put Falmouth into the search bit. Download the vid's it give you for a glimpse of past Falmouth events.

It is a bit of a long way being all the way down on the south coast but I think it is well worth the trip especially if we do from Fri to Mon.

Some of England’s best spinners will be there.

I’ve never actually made it down to Falmouth yet this will be my first one but I went to Sheffield which was kind of like a mini Falmouth

(yes i know this is a double post don't shout at me just trying to spred the word)

EDITED_BY: Mint Sauce (1103567301)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
yeh sounds good im gonna get a few salisbury people and get them to come along.(all 3 of us LOL)

Hold my breath when you are near
so i don't have to breath you in
look away before i start to endorse
your eyes full of hate and remorse
in to the eye of another
be the silence that screams

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
falmouth 5 what happend to 3 and 4? anyways count me in 2 was quality from the looks of it i'm not going to be the only manchester person there this time smile

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I think it is Falmouth 05 - as in 2005.

Count me in for now ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: Midian

i give up ubbloco

Slightly baffled as to why you didn't just click the link that Toby provided. But nay mind.

Should also add an addendum to Mr Sauce's post (for the hard of understanding) stating that Falmouth is in Cornwall.

Just felt i should clarify as some people keep asking what it is.
EDITED_BY: Cantus (1103577446)

Meh

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Well i thank Mr Sauce for pointing it out and Mr Cantus for re-enforcing his point.

Myself and Miss Midian may come down but we won't know for sure until a later date.

ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
sorry about the over punctual post people, i was feeling a bit hyper...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mags The Jedi

Then what would be the point of inviting you? ubblol

Because I always carry lots of chocolate with me and I leave almost full bottles of vodka behind me! biggrin

Oh! by the way do you still have a red/white candy striped hula hoop at yours? ubbrollsmile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mmmm striped candy...

Meh

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
Im confused the date on the thing is the 27/03/05 which is a sunday so is this the suggested finnish date? you starting from the thursday before that?

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: garthy

Hmm the other problem with bank holidays is the 8 hour drive down! Traffic is indeed tragic! frown

But count me in. biggrin

Could take all the Bristol lot together! I'm up for it!

Gayle.....!

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
go on the thursday i dont think its a bank holiday but yeah im up for driving again i never hit anything last time, skully and non you coming with us again?

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
bounce Yey for Falmouth III wink I reckon if it's Falmouth 05 we're stuck if we have two smile

Mags can you do something for us to help everyone who hasn't been or heard about it. Can you put the links to the Falmouth vids and some details in the first post. It'll certainly help things and it's much friendlier to say "Check the first post" than "search for other Falmouth threads and go to some other site" IMO.

For eveyone who hasn't been, an off the cuff comment started a big bunch of spinning loveliness in the almost furthest SW tip of the country known as Falmouth. If you can spin, anything, and/or would like to learn to spin, anything, are a happy and friendly sort, who likes to sit on a beach around a big fire and meet lots of like minded, easy going, friendly people, you'll love it. We turn up, play a little, talk a little, maybe have a few smokes and some beer if we like, sleep occasisionally and go home at the end with a big list of new friends and lots new skills smile

And thanks for the mention of PLAY for any other Fally's this year, we're deffo sorted for 19th-22nd August so anything other than that should be cool for me providing I can get the holidays.
And to think that Falmouth really was the fist place where the idea for PLAY was thought up...on a sunny beach under a wind break skinng up ubblove

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
If there's a manchester bu maybe it could pick people up ion the way too? I'm sure some of the Birmingham folk who can't drive/don't have a car would appreciate going in a bus with nice people instead of goin on a rather expensive train with strangers sneezing on the last page of your book wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
ok, I might be in for this too - two Berlin types at one falmouth - can you handle it?

er... best to fly into bristol or what?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
that would i like to know too;I try to figure out what is the best way to get there??

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Im there already biggrin

Falmouth 3 - what a sweet weekend thats going to be ubbrollsmile

weavesmiley

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: SDLW

go on the thursday i dont think its a bank holiday but yeah im up for driving again i never hit anything last time, skully and non you coming with us again?

I'm going to be going. Only a natural disaster or one of my legs falling off is going to stop me. If there is a large number of people going from the south Wales/ bristol area would it not be cheaper for us to do the mini bus hire thingie too? I might be bringing my Niece(s) with me.... maybe? I'll try and get some yays or nays off them in the next few weeks, but be advised getting a yes or no out of my teenage nieces is like getting blood out of a stone! ubbrollsmile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Probably Newquay or exeter. Bit nearer than Bristol. However if you do fly into Bristol there should be somebody you can get a lift with.

Gayle.....!

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
it seems like flying to bristol is the cheapest way to get to britain at that time anyway so...maybe .... it sounds really possible for me bounce bounce2

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

188 posts

Posted:
I got what it was... I just wanted to know what type of things went on there!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hey lads, is this the weekend before the BJC?

Getting to the other side smile

188 posts

Posted:
biggrin yup yup.. by the way havokist Leanne and Ste want to come as well ubbloco angelblue

188 posts

Posted:
by the way that wasnt in reply to ur post :S it was to Havokists

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
Well Falmouth v3 ('05) is looking bigger, brighter and burnier than v2 (I missed v2.1).

I think all 6 of the FireFlyz team is coming and as such we may have extra seats in a car......

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Aww lads.... will you all still be coming up to the BJC the next week in Perth?!!

I'm going there instead... Mags, you going to come up sunshine? Will be fun biggrin

Getting to the other side smile

Page: ...