Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Two Distinct ways to 3bt forwards. and in reverse.

Login/Join to Participate

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
The way I have not seen before, mimmicks the hand positioning of the reverse 3 bt, however the poi go forwards. On the left, my right hand goes over my left, the poi swing under under my left arm then rt. hand over left arm poi swing under both arms. In reverse it is the crossover move from the 3 weave repeated with out the weave, just the crossover to crossover. I know this pattern is distinct because when I switch to the normal hand positioning I can do another 3 bt on each side. Can someone identify what I am talking about. This is fwd and backwards 3 beat that uses reverse ahnd positioning and lots of weird axis's. love every on here. Figured out that a hyperloop changes plane to unwrap while a airwrap stays same plane with different hand positioning. I also finally pulled 4-5 butterfly airwraps. Thanks everyone.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
"rt. hand over left arm poi swing under both arms" = inversion.
"mimmicks the hand positioning of the reverse 3 bt, however the poi go forwards" = anti-spin.

i'm not down with the anti-spin weave, but it may require half-inversion like the full isolated weave, and even it not required it should be possible. Rev has the maths and the anti-spins down...

you can tell your friends you know the 'ULTRAWEAVE' if your description is accurate. wink

-- dut

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
I know its;s not the ultra weave it;s been talked about as as offset weave on this forum, but I think that we need a list of definitions with video, beacause this weave is odd. I know what antispinning is and can do so in reverse a little. This weave is not that hard to do. It's kinda like threading the needle except the poi are doing a 3 bt weave on the left side of my body with the right hand reaching all the way over and leading the poi to the outside (Right hand) side of both arms. then they follow to the right side of me and spin on the left of both arms. I need to take video.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
eww.. if the ultraweave is just offset and not anti-spin, i'm kinda dissapointed.

and Congratulations!! I think you Found Five. sorry if I'm presuming you might not have been spinning long, but I've never known anyone who found the five beat weave without looking for it...

>>the poi are doing a 3 bt weave on the left side of my body with the right hand reaching all the way over and leading the poi to the outside

that sounds like 5 to me. wink err. 4 if you only do it on one side, I guess. keeping the strings at 180 degrees is the hardest part once you've gotten used to the 'wrong' hand leading. wink

-- dut