Forums > Social Chat > Anyone twirling at World Lacrosse Cup Final in Perth last night

Login/Join to Participate

splerphBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering if any of the twirlers that were at the World Lacrosse Cup Final last night come to this site?

Smile and the whole world smiles with you

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i wish i was. i wish i lived somehwere where they thought lacrosse was a sport!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

splerphBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think they think it is much of a sport here either. There wasn't any publicity about it. No one really knew it was on.

Although they had a final dinner last night which I was drumming at. That was pretty big there was 1500 people there. Mostly Players and Coaches etc.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
apparently lacrosse is the national sport of canada!

go figure..... `

Currently on the right side up of the world.

splerphBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
I really wanted to talk to whoever it was twirling on Sun night.

They were really good. However their safety wasn't. I'm part of a drumming group Carnaval samba drumming. We were performing along with the twirlers poi and staff.

It was an inside gig and they lit up right next to us about a metre from us. I was right up the front with a few other drummers when they started spinning fuel sprayed off all over us.

Also they were a few people drumming in front of the stage close to tables of people. They dropped there staff a few times. (which happens I know) but they were so close to the tables that one rolled right under a table. scaring the people at the table half to death.

I just wanted to let these guys know that I really enjoyed their twirling I thought tehy were great but.,, I think they scared the audience with their saftey or lack there off.